You can create components by combining or extending existing ones, or by constructing a new one using the Element API.
- Single Element
- Creating a component using a single HTML element.
- Multiple Elements
- Creating a component using multiple HTML elements.
- Using API Helpers to Define Component Properties
- How to use PropertyDescriptors to define a property name and default value.
- Using Existing Components
- Creating a component by combining existing components together.
- Extending Components
- Create a new component by extending any existing component.
- Using Events
- How to handle events in your components.
- Component Containers
- Creating a component that can contain other components.
- Lifecycle Callbacks
- How to react when a component is attached to or detached from an application.
- Using Vaadin Mixin Interfaces
- How provide common APIs and default behavior for sets of functions in most Web Components.
|You can also create components using HTML with Lit templates. See Creating a Simple Component Using the Template API for more.