This tutorial is for Vaadin 14.If this is your first time trying out Vaadin, you should read the same tutorial for the latest Vaadin version instead.
- This tutorial series teaches you how to build, test, and deploy a modern web app from scratch. You’ll learn to use Spring Boot and Vaadin.
- Project Setup
- Learn how to open and debug a Vaadin project in IntelliJ. Set up IntelliJ for better autocomplete support.
- Creating a View
- Flow uses an event-driven component model for building UIs. This tutorial covers the basics.
- Creating a Component
- Learn how to compose reusable components with basic layouts and components.
- Accessing The Database
- Learn how to connect a Vaadin Flow view to the backend through Spring Services.
- Forms and Validation
- Learn how to use Binder to bind a data object to input fields and validate input.
- Handling View State
- Learn how to communicate between components in Vaadin Flow.
- Navigation and App Layout
- Learn to set up a parent layout and navigate between child views.
- Login and Authentication
- Learn to set up Spring Security to restrict access to views in a Flow application.
- Installation and offline (PWA)
- Learn how to define a custom offline page and enable installation on supported devices.
- Unit and Integration Testing
- Learn how to run unit and integration tests on Vaadin Flow apps.
- End-to-end testing
- Learn how to do full-stack tests on a Flow app using Vaadin TestBench.
- Production Deployment
- Learn how to prepare a Vaadin app for production and how to deploy it on Heroku.