Expert Chat allows you to get advice regarding any issues related to Vaadin. There is no limit on the number of questions you can ask using this service. Expert Chat is easily accessible through the blue chat icon on the bottom right hand corner of your browser.
Note: License checking is done online. If you are not logged into vaadin.com, you will not be able to access Expert chat. Please check out our FAQ page for how to assign Vaadin Prime subscription seats for team members.
Expert Chat can be used for asking advice and simple questions, for example in the following areas:
- Problem solving
- Best practices
- Architectural advice
- API help
- Providing simple snippets of code
Not included in the service are:
- Implementation of software
- UX design
- Hands-on sessions through screen sharing or similar applications
- Training services
Service hours for Expert Chat are between 7am and 8pm UTC from Monday to Friday, except for:
- the 1st of Jan and 6th of Jan
- Good Friday and Easter Monday
- the 1st of May and Ascension Day
- Midsummer Eve the 24th of June
- the 6th, 24-26th and 31st of Dec
UTC+1 Summer Time is used between the last Sunday of March and the last Sunday of October.
- In order to maintain the service level we kindly ask you to provide as much information as possible in your initial contact.
- To be able to reproduce the issue you are facing, the team will ask for examples such as code snippets, stack trace, sample projects etc. If necessary, with the information you provide, the expert can also create a simple project and can then share this with you for further troubleshooting.
- For topics that are not directly Vaadin related (such as Spring security, 3rd party add-ons and libraries etc.) we would kindly ask you to create a support request with Development on Demand hours or a service project, please contact Expert Chat team for further guidance.
Warranty includes prioritizing one bug ticket at a time per one Vaadin Prime subscription. Prioritized tickets are placed in front of the queue, and will be fixed on a best effort basis and released in the next possible version release. You can use an existing GitHub ticket number, or if such a ticket doesn’t exist yet, describe the issue and our experts will create the ticket for you.
File a ticket through Jira ticketing portal at support.vaadin.com.
Warranty includes Vaadin's officially supported products:
- Officially supported Vaadin Framework versions
- Officially supported components
- Designer, TestBench, Collaboration Engine
- For Vaadin 8, also
- The final decision on whether an issue is a bug or not is done by Vaadin.
- Missing features are not eligible for Warranty.
- A feature that works as intended is not eligible for Warranty.
- Security issues are fixed by Vaadin and do not require the use of Warranty. Please report any security issues by either contacting Expert Chat or email@example.com.
Please find the Vaadin 7 Extended Maintenance fact sheet here.
Please find the Vaadin 8 Extended Maintenance fact sheet here.
Vaadin 7 and 8 are not supported as an open source project anymore. We are still maintaining it, but new releases are only available for customers with Vaadin 7 or 8 Extended Support (extra option available for Prime and Enterprise). We recommend updating to the newest version, it will be backwards compatible and makes sure your application is secure and up to date. New versions are distributed under VCL-1 license.
You can use Warranty to prioritize bugs also in Vaadin 7 and 8.
There is no set schedule for releases. There will be a release whenever we have something new to release, such as a Warranty fix or a security fix.
Please contact the Expert Chat team if you need a feature implement a feature to your Vaadin 7 and 8 application. As with every feature request, we reserve the right to review the request if it would require too big changes to the framework.
Security issues are fixed by Vaadin. Please report any security issues by either contacting Expert Chat or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Expert Chat team is also happy to help with any questions about setting up the environment.
Multiplatform Runtime is a part of Extended Maintenance. allows you to migrate your Vaadin 7 or Vaadin 8 application to new Vaadin platform versions view by view, in a single code base.
Vaadin Prime includes 5 years support for major releases.
Build collaborative features directly into Vaadin Flow applications. Vaadin Prime includes unlimited users.