The year is (almost) over and so is this year’s Vaadin at the University video series, available at our official YouTube channel. I hope you have enjoyed watching them and improved your knowledge about Vaadin. In case you missed some of the videos or you want to watch them again, here are the topics that were covered:
- How to set up Eclipse, Tomcat and Vaadin
- The overview of GUI components
- The principles of UX/UI design by Rolf Smeds from the Vaadin UX team
- Layouts, navigation and notifications including a live coding session
- Vaadin Data Model - overview and data-aware components
- Developing a Vaadin widget - server side and client-side with publishing
The videos were recorded during the first edition of the course at the University of Turku (Finland), held during winter and spring 2013. The course will be held again in 2014, starting in about a month. Vaadin has changed during this year and certainly not every topic has been covered in the videos. Now you have a chance to influence the contents of the course - please let me know (in the comments below) what topics you would like to see explained. Naturally, I cannot promise I will fit all of your ideas into the course, but I will try to do so at least with the most demanded and popular ones. The videos would then appear at our official YouTube channel during the summer of 2014.
If you work at a university or other educational institution and would like to organise a Vaadin course - go ahead and contact me for lecture material and extras. Together with the whole Vaadin team we will make your course outstanding.