Vaadin and OSGi as a combination is something I have seen as a match made in heaven for the past two years already so when Vaadin asked me to share my experiences I was of course very positively surprised.
However, a blog post alone would not be enough to do justice and help you on your journey so in the end we decided to dedicate a whole new section in the Vaadin Wiki to OSGi.
Step by step I am going to add new pages to give you a good overview about the different ways of how to wire up things properly.
Main concepts will be...
- Declarative Services
- Configuration Admin
- Component Factories
- OSGi JDBC datasources for Vaadin
- A proper JPA integration based on OSGi JPA Specification
- How to integrate OSGi aware JNDI
- Use Spring in your Vaadin OSGi applications
- How to run Vaadin OSGi based on a Virgo server
- and much more