Vaadin Framework 8.4.1 is now available via Maven central and through our releases page. The feature release contains enhancements to Grid, TreeGrid, Binder, converters, DateField, BrowserResizeListener and more.
- ComboBox has a better handling of new items with NewItemProvider.
- Binding API has been improved to allow more advanced usage.
- New ReadOnlyHasValue wrapper helps to bind any visible element to a data item via Binder.
- Built-in StringTo converters now have an option to use ErrorMessageProvider.
- Grid headers and footers now support tooltips.
- Added Tree and TreeGrid recursive expand and collapse methods.
- BrowserResizeListener is called lazily during the resize (previously on each and every event browser fired, causing potentially hundreds of server visits per window resize).
- ItemClickEvent for Grid now takes an additional row index parameter.
- Support starting downloads and opening URLs from a menu item.
- Improved archetypes to support JDK 10.
Refer to release notes to see the full list of changes.
The 8.4.1 also contains all latest bugfixes, so it is highly suggested for all Vaadin 8 users.
Next up, Vaadin Framework 8.5
Although we are working hard to push out the Vaadin 10 release, we will be continuing feature releases for the 8 series as well - also after Vaadin 10 has been declared GA. Our plan is to push out the next feature release on the 25th of July. If you wish to get your enhancement to it, try to submit your pull requests via GitHub as early as possible.
In a usual manner, we’ll be regularly shipping bugfix releases for the 8.4 series. If you found a bug, report it immediately via GitHub!