This year we had a total of 41 great speakers at GWT.create in Mountain View and Munich giving over 80 presentations. We asked the 656 attendees to rate the presentations on scale from 1–5 and got a total of 2377 votes.
Average ratings given was 4.0 / 5.0. Pretty good, eh?
Top 15 presentations
Here are the best 15 presentations according to the ratings:
- Singular - Reimagining AngularJS in Java by Daniel Kurka / Google, 4.7917
- Workshop: Contributing to GWT by Manuel Carrasco Moñino / Vaadin and Julien Dramaix / Arcbees, 4.75
- Rich HTML5 Web Apps: Introduction to Errai 3 by Christian Sadilek / Red Hat, 4.7297
- Polymer and Elements by Taylor Savage / Google, 4.6552
- Improving the HTML table: a quick guide on getting in over your head by Leif Åstrand / Vaadin, 4.625
- History of GWT by Bruce Johnson and Joel Webber / FullStory, 4.5455
- Google Inbox: Multi Platform Native Apps with GWT and J2ObjC by Ray Cromwell / Google, 4.5238
- Remote controlling a drone with Spring & Vaadin by Josh Long / Pivotal and Peter Lehto / Vaadin, 4.5
- J2ObjC: Sharing Java Code with iOS Applications by Tom Ball / Google, 4.5
- Cell Widgets in the Wild by Chris DiGiano / Google, 4.4742
- GWT Programming With Xtend by Sven Efftinge and Anton Kosyakov / Itemis, 4.4615
- Speed up your GWT coding with gQuery by Manuel Carrasco Moñino / Vaadin, 4.4444
- Visual designer by Marc Englund / Vaadin, 4.3704
- Ecosystem keynote hosted by Joonas Lehtinen / Vaadin, 4.3684
Most of the speakers published the slides for their presentations. Slides are collected here.
We set our team to record all the presentations. Unfortunately all the camera equipment was stolen in Mountain View after the first conference. Luckily the memory cards were not lost and even better, we were able to rent a full set of cameras, microphones and other stuff for the conference in Munich.
In the end, we were able to record all the presentations and will publish the recordings shortly on the Vaadin YouTube channel.
The first presentation - Ray’s keynote - is already available here.