Displays a notification and action-buttons before session-timeout
A notification with a redirect button and an extend-session button
Idle Notification is an add-on that notifies the user before their session is about to expire. It enables the following features:
- specify a message to be displayed to the user (which may include a count-down timer) before their session expires
- set the number of seconds before session termination, at which point the notification is displayed.
- add a button to the notification that enables the user to poke the server, thereby extending the session.
- add a button to the notification that allow the user to immediately redirect to a different URL (e.g. a logout URL)
- add a close button, allowing the user to close the notification without taking any action
- specify a different message to be displayed to the user once their session has been terminated
- determine whether an outside click when the notification is opened would extend the session
- specify a URL to which the page would be automatically redirected upon session termination