Displays a notification and action-buttons before session-timeout
Idle Notification is an add-on that notifies the user before their session is about to expire. It enables the following features:
- specify a message to be displayed to the user (which may include a count-down timer) before their session expires
- set the number of seconds before session termination, at which point the notification is displayed.
- add a button to the notification that enables the user to poke the server, thereby extending the session.
- add a button to the notification that allow the user to immediately redirect to a different URL (e.g. a logout URL)
- add a close button, allowing the user to close the notification without taking any action
- specify a different message to be displayed to the user once their session has been terminated
- determine whether an outside click when the notification is opened would extend the session
- specify a URL to which the page would be automatically redirected upon session termination
Major pieces of development of this add-on has been sponsored by multiple customers of Vaadin. Read more about Expert on Demand at: Support and Pricing
IdleNotification idleNotification = new IdleNotification(); // No. of secs before timeout, at which point the notification is displayed idleNotification.setSecondsBeforeNotification(90); idleNotification.setMessage("Your session will expire in " + IdleNotification.MessageFormatting.SECS_TO_TIMEOUT + " seconds."); idleNotification.addExtendSessionButton("Extend session"); idleNotification.addRedirectButton("Logout now", "logout"); idleNotification.addCloseButton(); idleNotification.setExtendSessionOnOutsideClick(false); UI.getCurrent().add(idleNotification);
IdleNotification idleNotification = new IdleNotification(90); idleNotification.setRedirectAtTimeoutUrl("logout"); UI.getCurrent().add(idleNotification);
Was this helpful? Need more help?
Leave a comment or a question below. You can also join the chat on Discord or ask questions on StackOverflow.
- Fix issue of modal Dialog blocking extend session event
- Apache License 2.0
- Vaadin 23+
- Vaadin 14 in 1.1.7
- Google Chrome
- iOS Browser
- Android Browser
- Microsoft Edge