Provides better keyboard handling and other enhancements in Grid's Unbuffered Editor mode for experienced Excel users. Vaadin 7 & 8 supported.
GridFastNavigation adds several features to the existing Grid unbuffered editor to make it more usable for Excel-style editing applications.
Features Vaadin 8:
- Enter key can be configured to change column instead of a row
- PgDown/PgUp supprt
- Tab changes column, Grid can be browsed with cursor keys.
- Typing text enables edit mode. (If you start typing with Delete key, the cell will be emptied first)
- In ComboBox / DateField cursor down will open popup
- The add-on supports TextField, PopupDateField, ComboBox and CheckBox in the edit fields of the editor.
- RowEditEvent and CellEditEvent logic
- Pressing Esc cancel edit and reset the value
- Home/End key support: Home - first row, End - last row, Shift+Home - first column on first row, Shift+End last column on last row (can be disabled)
- Server-side focus tracking events either on per-cell or per-row basis
- Editor open/close events
- DateFields now don't stop working after using up/down arrow navigation
- Selecting text when opening editor can be enabled and disabled
- Tab navigation skips disabled columns, selected columns can be disabled on editor opening.
- Move with enter/shift+enter and tab/shift+tab as well as up/down arrow keys while editing
- Allows user to start editing without first opening the editor
- Open editor with single mouse click (configurable)
- Optional mode to close editor and dispatch edit event when clicking outside of Grid
- getItem() method in cell and row edit/focus, editor open events
- setFocusedCell(row,col) method sets focused cell programmatically
Note, although idea is tempting to use this add-on to enable Grid's with large number of columns, the Grid's performance itself is good upto 20 or 40 columns depending on their content. If you need Excel-style editing with larger number of columns, I'll recommend to use Spreadsheet instead.
Notes for Vaadin 7 users:
- Version 0.4.0 - 1.2.0 is compatible with 7.7.7 and newer. With older framework versions (7.6.0 to 7.7.6) you need to use 0.3.0, but it does not have all the features.
- Vaadin 7 version has not been maintaned since version 1.2.0 and behind 2.5.1 in development