This add-on allows to add a sub-window to inform that an error was caused by an exception.
The sub-window shows different information depending on the running mode of the application:
- if the application is running in debug mode, it shows the stack trace of the exception.
- if the application is running in production mode, it shows a code to report that can be found in log files.
The dialog (ErrorWindow) can be automatically invoked through an error handler configured by
com.flowingcode.vaadin.addons.errorwindow.VaadinServiceInitListenerImpl or just by itself calling
ErrorManager.showError(). It is also possible to use the ErrorWindow directly for messages customization purposes.
- Allow registering ErrorWindowFactory per exception type (#27)
- Add error view
- Allow an arbitrary Component in createStackTraceArea (#28)
- Move inline styles to CSS
- Use h1/div instead of h3/h4 (#29)
- Make ErrorWindow resizable when the stacktrace is visible (#24)
- Make ErrorWindow draggable
- Make ErrorWindow stacktrace responsive
- Replace TextArea with Div in ErrorWindow