I made this - Share what you have built!

I saw there are many cool apps, add-ons, components and prototypes people shared in “I made this” Discord channel. Do you think we should have similar channel here also?

In the meantime, just share them here in General with a tag.

5 Likes

Absolutely!
I liked to see what people have done with Vaadin.

1 Like

Related: I found that you can find some of the public Vaadin applications using Wappalyzer. Any ideas how valid source this is?

www.wappalyzer.com/technologies/web-frameworks/vaadin/

2 Likes

I use Vaadin Usage Statistics, and it has good results.
It also has a plugin.

2 Likes

I have made a video streaming application using Vaadin, connecting multiple open datasources.
While the application is hosted on a free cloud provider with 0.1 CPU credit and 512MB RAM, it is slow.
Mostly on the homescreen, because I added a “Recently Watched” section, which uses multiple back and forth between client and server to generate the layout.
But you can have a look and try it out

Link: https://homeflix.onrender.com/

2 Likes

Tip for decent “free tier hosting”: Oracle Cloud. They offer quite a lot of memory especially for ARM based nodes for free and based on what I tested, quite good performance overall. “Developer experience” not necessary the best though if you are not a system administrator. Too many configuration options for my taste :grimacing: I think the easiest was to push a container image to e.g. Docker Hub and deploy via that, but I think I spent an hour to figure out how to open a public port for the node…

2 Likes

Also the Database is always free!