Google map addon

I’m currently trying the app out at a cloud service (CloudFoundry) but got this error when trying to paint markers on the map:

Nov 26, 2012 1:44:13 PM com.vaadin.Application terminalError
SEVERE: Terminal error:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.vaadin.hezamu.googlemapwidget.overlay.BasicMarkerSource.getMarkerJSON(Unknown Source)
	at org.vaadin.hezamu.googlemapwidget.GoogleMap$1.getStream(Unknown Source)
	at com.vaadin.Application.handleURI(Application.java:798)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleURI(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:2289)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.CommunicationManager.handleURI(CommunicationManager.java:370)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractApplicationServlet.handleURI(AbstractApplicationServlet.java:1099)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractApplicationServlet.service(AbstractApplicationServlet.java:535)
	at com.example.myapp.ui.CustomApplicationServlet.service(CustomApplicationServlet.java:32)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:344)
	at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:110)
	at org.springframework.security.web.access.intercept.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:84)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:356)
	at org.springframework.security.web.access.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:98)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:356)
	at org.springframework.security.web.session.SessionManagementFilter.doFilter(SessionManagementFilter.java:95)
	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AnonymousAuthenticationFilter.java:79)
	at org.springframework.security.web.servletapi.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:55)
	at org.springframework.security.web.savedrequest.RequestCacheAwareFilter.doFilter(RequestCacheAwareFilter.java:36)
	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.BasicAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(BasicAuthenticationFilter.java:178)
	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:188)
	at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:106)
	at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:80)
	at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:150)
	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
	at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I’m using a custom application servlet extending AbstractApplicationServlet and
everything works fine on a local jetty or tomcat server
Any ideas what’s wrong?

Are there plans to release a version compatible with Vaadin 7 in the future?

Hi Sir,

I would like to know if there is a way to differ an one-click event from a two-click event when the user clicks on the map. Is it possible yet?
I apologize if I’m doing something wrong. I’m sort of new to this forum.

Thanks,

Arthur J.

VAADIN 7, Talk to me?

Yes, I plan to migrate the add-on to Vaadin 7 and fix at least some of the known issues as soon as I find a few days to work on it. I don’t have an ETA though, so if you really need it you should contact to sales@vaadin.com.

What is the news on Vaadin 7 support?

Still no ETA, sorry. We’re extremely busy with other stuff, so I’m afraid hobby projects remain on the back burner.

For people like me who really wanted an integration of Vaadin 7, I recently developed a simple component that integrates Google Maps v2 with Vaadin 7:

https://github.com/asarraf21/GoogleMapsVaadin7

It is not complete by any means, but it is a very good starting point to add your own functionalities.

Hello Sir,
Let me tell whether Google map Add on supports if I give Address in String format E.g: I have Address ‘45 Lawrence Ave
Lodi,07644 New Jersey, United States’ so can I find the location using this add on in vaadin

Please do not post duplicate questions. I tagged your other post for deletion.

To convert addresses to coordinates, you need to use a geocoding API - e.g.
Google has one
and there should be others available. It is not related to this Vaadin add-on, and you can use it directly from the server side. Note that there are limits to how many free queries you can do per day.

thanks sir…

Just to let you know about availability of a
Google maps add-on
by Tapio Aali that supports Vaadin 7 and maps API v3. It’s not a upgrade to this add-on but instead a full rewrite, so the API is a bit different. Most of the features are still there, though.

The work was partially sponsored by several companies, but the add-on is still available under Apache 2 license.

This means that there will probably be no (unsponsored) updates to the old add-on.

Hi Henri,

I’d like to have multiple colours for my markers, how can I achieve this?

Hi All,

Need urgent help. I used this widget for number of applicaitons and now its not loading the map since today morning. I just check your online demo and its also not working for me. Appreciate your help to solve this matter.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Manuja

Hi,

Having Exacly the same problem as of today.

Xander Zaaiman … Please let me know if you get any solutions for this.

Thanks

Look this : https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/v2/

As mentioned by Fulvio Google has deprecated the Google Maps API v2, which this add-on requires. Please migrate to the new add-on ASAP. More info: https://vaadin.com/forum#!/thread/3802318

Thank you very much guys.

I did migrate my applications in to vaadin 7 and now using
https://vaadin.com/directory#addon/googlemaps-add-on

Hi,

desperately struggling for two days to run the Google Maps add-on with no success.

Will be very grateful for any support!

These are the versions:

Vaadin 6.8.2
GWT 2.3.0
GoogleMapWidgetV3 0.0.4 ( https://vaadin.com/directory#addon/googlemapwidgetv3 )
GWT Maps 3.8.0-pre1
JRE 1.7.0_25

These are dependencies in the Maven pom.xml

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.vaadin.addons</groupId>
        <artifactId>googlemapwidgetv3</artifactId>
        <version>0.0.4</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.github.rwl</groupId>
        <artifactId>gwt-maps</artifactId>
        <version>3.8.0-pre1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>
        <artifactId>gwt-user</artifactId>
        <version>2.3.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
        <artifactId>vaadin</artifactId>
        <version>6.8.2</version>
    </dependency>

Below is an excerpt from the compilation log:

[INFO]
Validating newly compiled units
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/home/user/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.3.0/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar!/com/google/gwt/editor/client/EditorDriver.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 97: No source code is available for type javax.validation.ConstraintViolation; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/home/user/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.3.0/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar!/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/BaseEditorDriver.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 67: No source code is available for type javax.validation.ConstraintViolation; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/home/user/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.3.0/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar!/com/google/gwt/editor/client/impl/SimpleViolation.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 40: No source code is available for type javax.validation.ConstraintViolation; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/home/user/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.3.0/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar!/com/google/gwt/editor/client/testing/MockSimpleBeanEditorDriver.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 108: No source code is available for type javax.validation.ConstraintViolation; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/home/user/.m2/repository/org/vaadin/addons/googlemapwidgetv3/0.0.4/googlemapwidgetv3-0.0.4.jar!/com/wildboar/vaadin/addon/googlemap/client/VGoogleMap.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 25: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 26: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 27: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 28: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 29: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 30: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 31: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 32: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 33: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 34: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 35: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 36: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 37: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 38: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 39: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 40: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 41: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 42: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 43: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 44: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 45: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 46: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 47: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 48: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 49: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 50: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 51: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 52: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 53: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 54: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 55: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 56: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 57: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 58: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 59: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 60: The import com.google.gwt.maps cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 143: MapWidget cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 145: Marker cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 145: Marker cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 146: MVCObject cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 146: MVCObject cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 147: InfoWindow cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 147: InfoWindow cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 157: MapOptions cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 159: ClickMapHandler cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 159: ClickMapHandler cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 167: DragEndMapHandler cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 167: DragEndMapHandler cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 175: IdleMapHandler cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 175: IdleMapHandler cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 187: DragEndMapHandler cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 189: Marker cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 191: Marker cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 192: Marker cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 196: The method onEvent(DragEndMapEvent) of type VGoogleMap.MarkerDragEndHandlers must override or implement a supertype method
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 196: DragEndMapEvent cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 197: Marker cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 206: MapOptions cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 206: MapOptions cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 207: MapWidget cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 207: MapWidget cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 207: MapOptions cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 209: MapWidget cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 209: DragEndMapHandler cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 210: MapWidget cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 210: ClickMapHandler cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 211: MapWidget cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 211: IdleMapHandler cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 213: MapWidget cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 246: MapHandlerRegistration cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 246: MapWidget cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 246: MapEventType cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 251: MapOptions cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 252: MapOptions cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 259: MapOptions cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 260: MapOptions cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 264: MapOptions cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 264: MapOptions cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 265: MapOptions cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 266: OverviewMapControlOptions cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 572: ImageMapType cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 598: Polyline cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 625: Polygon cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 656: Marker cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 663: ClickMapEvent cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 675: DragEndMapEvent cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 684: MapWidget cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 690: DragEndMapEvent cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 726: ClickMapHandler cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 735: ClickMapEvent cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 796: Missing code implementation in the compiler
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 941: MapWidget cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 952: MapWidget cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 960: MVCObject cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 967: MVCObject cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 974: LatLng cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 989: LatLng cannot be resolved
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 992: LatLng cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 1096: Marker cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 1100: Marker cannot be resolved to a type
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/home/user/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.3.0/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar!/javax/validation/super/javax/validation/Configuration.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 93: No source code is available for type javax.validation.TraversableResolver; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 105: No source code is available for type javax.validation.ConstraintValidatorFactory; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 202: No source code is available for type javax.validation.ValidatorFactory; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/home/user/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.3.0/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar!/javax/validation/ConstraintViolationException_CustomFieldSerializer.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 30: No source code is available for type javax.validation.ConstraintViolationException; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 39: No source code is available for type javax.validation.ConstraintViolation; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/home/user/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.3.0/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar!/javax/validation/super/javax/validation/MessageInterpolator.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 66: No source code is available for type javax.validation.metadata.ConstraintDescriptor; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/home/user/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.3.0/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar!/javax/validation/super/javax/validation/constraints/Pattern.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 75: No source code is available for type javax.validation.Payload; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/home/user/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/2.3.0/gwt-user-2.3.0.jar!/javax/validation/super/javax/validation/spi/ConfigurationState.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 93: No source code is available for type javax.validation.ConstraintValidatorFactory; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 107: No source code is available for type javax.validation.TraversableResolver; did you forget to inherit a required module?
[INFO]
Computing all possible rebind results for ‘com.google.gwt.user.client.UserAgentAsserter’
[INFO]
Rebinding com.google.gwt.user.client.UserAgentAsserter
[INFO]
Checking rule
[INFO]
[WARN]
Detected warnings related to ‘com.google.gwt.editor.client.SimpleBeanEditorDriver’. Are validation-api-.jar and validation-api--sources.jar on the classpath?
[INFO]
Specify -logLevel DEBUG to see all errors.
[INFO]
[WARN]
Unknown type ‘com.google.gwt.editor.client.SimpleBeanEditorDriver’ specified in deferred binding rule
[INFO]
Scanning for additional dependencies: jar:file:/home/user/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin/6.8.2/vaadin-6.8.2.jar!/com/vaadin/terminal/gwt/client/WidgetSet.java
[INFO]
Computing all possible rebind results for ‘com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.WidgetMap’
[INFO]
Rebinding com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.WidgetMap
[INFO]
Invoking generator com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.EagerWidgetMapGenerator
[INFO]
Detecting Vaadin components in classpath to generate WidgetMapImpl.java …
[ERROR]
Dec 06, 2013 9:53:32 PM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getPaintablesHavingWidgetAnnotation
[ERROR]
INFO: Searching for paintables…
[ERROR]
Dec 06, 2013 9:53:33 PM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getPaintablesHavingWidgetAnnotation
[ERROR]
INFO: Search took 913ms
[INFO]
[WARN]
Widget class com.wildboar.vaadin.addon.googlemap.client.VGoogleMap was not found. The component com.wildboar.vaadin.addon.googlemap.server.GoogleMap will not be included in the widgetset.

Can somebody give me a hint?
Thank you in advance!