enterprise-app for Vaadin add-on

Hi John. Would you be able to attach an example project?

Hi, you want the whole project I’m working? or just classes and db?

Hi, I’m having a lot of problems with relationships in tables, now I’m getting a org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: failed to lazily initialize a collection of role: com.jarris.dto.Vta.vtls, no session or session was closed as you can see there’s a new relation in table Vta, but now I’m getting this exception… I can send you the whole project? I’ll reward you if you help me to finish this…

Hi John.

I would say that if you are having LazyInitializationExceptions, something is wrong in your code, not in the add-on. However I’d need to see your code to confirm that. Please send me a message using the contact form at
http://alejandroduarte.weebly.com/contact-me.html
to help you solve this issues more easyly.

Hi,
Is there a maven pom for this addon?

Hi.

There’s no maven pom yet. I will work on that once I publish a stable version.

Hi there,
i’ve a question concerning ManyToMany relations. I’ve configured such a relation like this:

In the Module i get something like this:

But i need something like that:

Only a component that selects the entry from Bunch and put a entry in the (ManyToMany) user_bunch table (set the relation) …

How can i do that?

Hi Mathias.
Implement your own
DefaultCrudFieldFactory
overriding
createCustomField()
to return a custom
TwinColSelect
for the “bunch” property. Pass an instance of your
DefaultCrudFieldFactory
to the
CrudComponent
(using a proper constructor or builder).

Here you got an example:

public class MyFieldFactory extends DefaultCrudFieldFactory {

@Override
	public Field createCustomField(Object bean, Item item, String pid, Component uiContext, Class<?> propertyType) {
		Field field = null;

if(User.class.isAssignableFrom(bean.getClass())) {
			if("bunch".equals(pid)) { // replace "bunch" whith your actual property name in the User class
				field = new TwinColSelect();
				// TODO: populate TwinColSelect with data
			}
		}

return field;
	}
}

Hope this helps.

Any plans to port this add-on to Vaadin 7?

Not right now. But I will start working on that when Vaadin 7 becomes a realease version.

Hi, i got the problem when viewing the report and press the Refresh button. Here what i got from catalina’s log:

WARNING: Cannot serialize session attribute com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.WebApplicationContext for session 4AABF091BA1CC8168BB5DF1082B06E93
java.io.NotSerializableException: enterpriseapp.hibernate.DefaultSessionManager

Is it vaadin, jasper or other issue?

It’s look like something wrong with my environment. i tried a small vaadin project & jasper report. it still didn’t work. i have tried to change the enterpriseapp, lib, and jasper file. what i need is the enterprise app can show the report. I work with win7, netbeans 7.2, jdk 6, tomcat 7. does anyone ever meet the same problem?

Hi Agus.

I think this is just a warning when the server (Tomcat?) is serializing session instances on shutting down or starting up. This is not a problem unless you want to provide session serialization between restarts. Please provide me with the entire log and a screenshot so I can help you.

hi Hi Alejandro, I’d like to know which are the libraries that i need to run the enterprise-app
I
I

The required libraries are included inside the add-on package (/dependencies/). Hope this helps.

Now you can add Enterprise App using Maven:

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.vaadin.addons</groupId>
   <artifactId>enterprise-app</artifactId>
   <version>0.4.0</version>
</dependency>

<repository>
   <id>vaadin-addons</id>
   <url>http://maven.vaadin.com/vaadin-addons</url>
</repository>

I will start migrating to Vaadin 7 in a couple of weeks. Regards!

Alejandro,

This add-on is fantastic! It is exactly what my company needed to use to produce great reports for our client. Although I cannot get the scrollbars to display in a PrintViewReport. Do you know why this may be happening?

Thanks!

Hi Ben. It’s good to know that the add-on is useful for your company.

Scrollbars in PrintViewReport are an issue right now. I think it’s related to the fact that the “print preview” is being rendered as HTML generated by JasperReports instead of Vaadin. I was thinking about playing with CSS styles to solve it, but right now is not a priority (supporting Vaadin 7 is the main priority right now).

hi,all
i have a question…
enterpriseapp.example.widgetset.Enterprise_app_exampleWidgetset.nocache.js] not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.

thanks

Did you compile/recompile your widgetset?