Vaadin TouchKit 2 and OzoneLayer DontPush addon

Hi Guys,

Long time reader, first time poster :slight_smile:

I have got the OzoneLayer DontPush addon working in a Vaadin application, and noticed that you have to use the addons own Servlet for it to work. I was wondering if this addon will work with the TouchKit 2 addon (as you also have to use the addons own Servlet) and if so what you need to do / change to get it to work.

Thank you,

Richard

Hi and welcome,

You have just faced the largest problem in our current plugin architecture. “Terminal” modifications don’t work together without manually combining changes. This is for both client side terminal (ApplicationConnection class) and the server side terminal (ApplicationServlet and its helper classes). Add-on architecture for these parts is planned for Vaadin 7.

My gut feeling is that the exercise to combine changes from DontPush and TouchKit is not impossible, but also not very easy. Also the idea is very interesting as mobile browsers are those that actually support web sockets and such very well. I’d love to help you on this one, but I have been bit too busy lately for any “hobby coding”. If you are in hurry and don’t dare to take the challenge by yourself, I’d suggest to
go for Pro
and hire me or my colleague from Vaadin ltd for the task.

cheers,
matti

Hi Matti,

Thank you for your very fast response, the company I work for is already a pro subscriber to Vaadin, I will talk with my bosses and will go from there.

Cheers,

Richard

We are testing TouchKit 2.0 with WebSocket could send the source code of example with WebSockets Vornitologist

Thank you very much

My email is:

miguelangel.villacanas@entelgy.com

Thanks

Hi,

Source code can be found in our incubator:

http://dev.vaadin.com/svn/incubator/ws-vornitologist/

The article discussing integration:

https://vaadin.com/web/matti/blog/-/blogs/adding-websocket-communication-to-vaadin-touchkit-application

cheers,
matti

Thanks for the quick response.

The source code tells me WebSocket’s not applied. Please, could send me the completed example with the changes applied

thank you very much

Ouh, it looks like I have just created the branch, but never committed changes. Typical me :slight_smile: I’ll try to find time to open that project and commit changes soon.

cheers,
matti

Thanks

When estimate you to be commit the sample code?

Hi,

Sorry I forgot to mention here. The svn now contains vornitologist with dontpush. It is now made against 2.1 snapshot and vaadin 6.7 snapshot, but should work. The newly released offline mode still don’t work with ozone layer. I need to investigate that some day.

cheers,
matti

Hello Matti,

Yesterday i downloaded the code, but even removing the snippets depending on 2.1.0 version, about offline functuonality, i wasnt be able to run the ws-vornitologist app. I always receive this splash when i start the example .

I also try to do a silly example on my own , following the instruccions u give in ur blog’s post, but i suffer the same failure. I have to point out that in this last example i mentioned, i also integrate springstuff with touchkit. When i have time i would like to share with us :slight_smile: .

Best regards.
12304.png