Is Open Layers Wrapper compatible with Vaddin7

Hi,
I am using vaadin 7. Can any one please tell me is open layers wrapper is now compatible with vaadin7 ? Please provide required link or example if any.

Thanks!!!

It is not compatible with V7. In one of the articles by Matti, he mentioned that there is a project going on to port it to V7 but you may have to wait till it is released. Otherwise, you may have to establish commercial contact with Vaadin to get it on priority.

Thanks for providing relevant information.

In case you want to try it, there is now an experimental version of the OpenLayers 3 wrapper for Vaadin 7.2-> available in the Vaadin Directory. The wrapper has been written from scratch since the underlying OpenLayers JavaScript api has changed quite a bit. Just keep in mind that the add-on is still experimental so you may find some bugs and missing features.

hi,
Matti, I am using vaadin 7.1.10 version. so can i use this OpenLayers 3 wrapper addon with this version? I have tried with this OpenLayers 3 wrapper addon but getting Error as - Widgetset does not contain implementation for org.vaadin.addon.vol3.OLMap. Check its component connector’s @Connect mapping.
Plz help.

Thanx in advance!!!

I am getting the same error. Has somebody an idea?

nobody?

Hi,
rmntty tch. I have tried with Vaadin V-Leaflet addon for Map which works well for me.So you could just try it.
Which vaadin version you are using? Plz let me know if you have any idea to get an OSM compatible with Vaadin 7.1.10 version.

Thanx!!

Hi,

V-Leaflet looks nice, nevertheless I would prefer to use VOL3.
My Vaadin version is 7.3.0 - I will give 7.1.10 a try.

Thanks so far!

what could be wrong?

I also get this “Connect mapping” error with https://vaadin.com/directory#addon/dpulse

Hi,
Are you getting this “Connect mapping” error with vaadin 7.3.0 ?

yes. why?

Not tested it myself but I think the V7 verision of OpenLayer3 addon is not campatible with V-Leaflet addon released by Matti. Matti’s V-Leaflet implements an extension concept and that must be implemented if one wants to write a compatible addon (in Matti’s own language “an addon’s addon”). At least one such addon is already available in the directory.

Hi Syam Pillai,
Actually V-Leaflet addon is working fine with V7 but while using OpenLayers3 addon with V7 getting error as - Widgetset does not contain implementation for org.vaadin.addon.vol3.OLMap. Check its component connector’s @Connect mapping. Any suggestion?

Thanx !

Hi rmntty tch,
I have tried OpenLayers3 (i.e V-OL3) addon with Vaadin version-7.3.0 and it is working fine.