Widgetset error

I have a couple of portlets built and deployed and they work great, but when I add the Vaadin compiler portlet I receive an error (displays twice in each portlet) within my two deployed portlets. I have compiled using the Vaadin portlet after adding “Vaadin IPC for Liferay 0.9.1” and it appears to compile successfully.

Anyone else have this issue?

Did you add the IPC jar to liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.29/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib ? And also to your portlet project web-inf/lib ? Compiled widgetset on your project before deploying to Liferay?

Yes

I killed Liferay and removed my portlets from webapps, re-compiled using the Vaadin compiler, and now the error is GONE after re-deployment. Thanks!

[quote=Ryan Webber]

Yes

I killed Liferay and removed my portlets from webapps, re-compiled using the Vaadin compiler, and now the error is GONE after re-deployment. Thanks!
[/quote]Hi

HI Ryan, i am also facing the same problem, while i tried to follow the same steps as u mentioned here, one thing i cud nt get, what do u mean by this : "I killed Liferay "

I am still facing the same issue.

I would recommend using Vaadin Control Panel for Liferay to compile the widgetset. It is available
in the Directory
if not already installed in the control panel of your Liferay deployment.

Hi Henery,

I tried whatever u told me, The two GTW jars(gwt-user.jar and gwt-dev.jar) were missing i added them and recompiled the project. I am still not able to get the interportlet functionality.

i am attaching the screenshot of my project’s directory, please have a look, i think i am missing any jar or some other config file. Plz make me correct if i am wrong.

Thanks
12353.jpg

Hi, one more thing to add… I am not sure if there is any problem because of vaadin plugin and liferay version i have.

I have these following installations :

1:liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0.6-20110225
2:liferay-plugins-sdk-6.0.6-20110225
3:vaadin-jar-bundle-6.7.8.201204241143
4:eclipse_Liferay_IDE_1.5.0_v201201102224-win32

Thanks!

As far as I know, these should all work together. Just make sure your Eclipse project is using the Vaadin version that is in the portal, preferably by pointing to it in your portlet classpath (possibly already done automatically depending on how you created the project in Liferay IDE).

To upgrade the Vaadin version on your portal and to compile the widgetset for it, use
Vaadin Control Panel for Liferay
(download from the directory if not already in your Liferay installation). Make sure you include any custom widgets your portlets use.

Hi Henri,

Just now did all the steps again, as u told; the error is gone!!! :grin:

But still not able to call the event on the button which is ending the data, it gives the error :

"Internal error

Please notify the administrator.
Take note of any unsaved data, and click here to continue."

Attaching the screenshot also.

Thanks for Help again.
12354.jpg

Hi All,

I have just resolved the problem, :slight_smile: i just added a properties file in my project directory, naming portlet-ext.properties.

-------- In this file set------- “portlet.public.render.parmeter.distribution=ALL_PORTLETS”

which is used for setting the portlet co-ordination.

for more information check this link :

http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/user-guide/-/ai/portlet-coordination

Thanks a lot to all of u for this wonderful co-ordination and help!

Anyways I am able to sort this out, but want to tell one thing, this error comes whenever there is a compilation error in the business logic. So please check out manually or debug your java logic before you deploy it on the sever.

Happy coding. :slight_smile:

Es ist notwendig die App neu zu deployen, wenn zu dem Zeitpunkt des Deployment die Plugin Jar und das Control Panel nicht verfügbar waren.