Vaadin 7.1.0 beta1 released!

The first new minor release in the Vaadin 7 branch is ever so near. We released
Vaadin 7.1.0 beta1
last Friday, but we wanted to wait for it to propagate to all our distribution channels before announcing it.

The probably three largest updates in 7.1.0 beta1 are [list=1]

[]

Server push
with websockets (and appropriate fallbacks, if not supported by either server software or user browser).
[
]
A completely
rewritten debug window
(the one you get by adding “?debug” to your url).
[*]
Server-side
CSS injection
through the Page object’s getStyles() method.

[/list] These are only three of the changes in the upcoming minor release, however. More can be found
in the release notes

Download information can be found by pressing the
Vaadin 7.1.0 beta1
link on our
download page

Are you guys going to be able to address the Liferay 6.2 compatibility thing before 7.1.0 goes gold?

7.1 will not support push on portals. Aside from that limitation, it should be fully compatible.

Well, Vaadin 6 and 7 are both broken under Liferay 6.2. See ticket

So why isn’t push supported in the portal? Other technologies (i.e. JSF libs) support push in the portal, so there’s no real impediment to supporting push…

Are the Vaadin releases going to fork, meaning we get one version of Vaadin for servlets and another version for portals?

Does this beta support the embedding of a Vaadin application into a div (non standalone)? I am able to successfully embed a 7.0.5 Vaadin app into a custom html page. I tried updating the same project to 7.1.0.beta1, but the vaadinBootstrap.js keeps choking when it tries to parse the JSON response in fetchRootConfig function. The response I get back is not JSON, but instead my custom html document. Any new config params I need to be aware of?

I have a patch for #11751 for which I just started our automated integration tests, already manually tested on Liferay 6.2 M3.
If it works on all the tested versions, it will probably make it to 6.8.11 and 7.0.6.

I had similar issues. I know the post above is older but hope this helps someone struggling with getting a vaadin7 portlet to work in liferay 6.2. I followed the steps I posted here https://vaadin.com/forum#!/thread/3902907 and so far appears to have resolved the issues I was having.

I know the thread is old, but if someone else is looking to update the Vaadin 7 shared environment for Liferay 6.2:
http://www.liferay.com/web/26526/blog/-/blogs/upgrading-to-vaadin-7-in-liferay-6