Post failure using Tori

I’ve just tried to post a message twice, using the new Tori forum, and failed with a Database Error.

I’ve managed to post it using this (the old) forum software.

FWIW, Tori also swallowed the contents of the post, which was a rather a pain as it was quite long and I had to type it all out again (I typed it into Notepad this time, to avoid losing it a second time). Any chance Tori could, um, not do that?

Cheers,

Charles.

That sounds pretty bad. Hm, I wonder what’s going on there. I’m posting this via Tori, and it seems to work great. Admittedly, there’s some voodoo problems going on that we’re keeping our eyes on, but have had zero chance in getting anything done for it (our current best guess is a weird problem with Liferay…)

Anyways, can you be a bit more specific? Were you writing a new thread, or replying to a thread? Do remember which thread that was?

It was a new thread in the Vaadin 7 forum : I eventually posted via the old interface as
this thread
about 10 minutes after the I tried via Tori

This message is being posted via Tori.

Whilst it’d be great to root out the underlying problem, it be good to make sure change Tori so that it doesn’t clear the message if it fails to post it!

Cheers,

Charles.

I’ll try and rummage around for this problem. In the mean time, I put up an issue on GitHub:
https://github.com/vaadin/tori/issues/282
. Unfortunately, I can’t give you an estimate on when I get the chance to sit down and work on this issue :frowning: