FilteringTable. The method getFocusElement() is undefined for the type Focu

Hi,

I’m using vaadin 7.0.0 and filteringtable 0.8.4.v7. When I try to build the project, I get:

[INFO]
 Compiling module com.mypackage.AppWidgetSet
[INFO]
    Validating units:
[INFO]
       [ERROR]
 Errors in 'com/vaadin/client/ui/VCustomScrollTable.java'
[INFO]
          [ERROR]
 Line 7446: The method getFocusElement() is undefined for the type FocusableScrollPanel
[INFO]
    [ERROR]
 Aborting compile due to errors in some input files

What is the problem?

Thanks

Hi!

Looks like VCustomScrolltable uses a method that is not present in Vaadin 7.0.0 (FocusableScrollPanel.getFocusElement()). Looks like the method was added around three months ago, so if you update to a newer version of Vaadin, you should be fine.

Thanks, it helped.

Now I’ve got another error:

2013.23.4 15:19:49 com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet serveStaticResourcesInVAADIN
INFO: Requested resource 
[/VAADIN/widgetsets/com.mypage.AppWidgetSet/filtertable/filtertable.css] not found from filesystem or 
through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.
2013.23.4 15:19:49 com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet serveStaticResourcesInVAADIN
INFO: Requested resource 
[/VAADIN/widgetsets/com.mypage.AppWidgetSet/DFEACE3FC777E208735442418F5A009B.cache.js] not found
 from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.

Added to the web.xml

<init-param>
            <description>Filtered Table</description>
            <param-name>widgetset</param-name>
            <param-value>org.tepi.filtertable.gwt.FilterTableWidgetset</param-value>
        </init-param>  

And run the following command:

mvn vaadin:update-widgetset install 

But it didn’t make the trick. Can you give me any advice regarding the problem, please?

Hm, could it be the same
as this problem?
(To be honest, I don’t know much about Maven, so someone with some experience could comment on that one)

Seems to me that your widgetset is not compiled. Running just the vaadin:update-widgetset is not enough, you should run gwt:compile after that. More info can be found
here

… and if that is the issue, use vaadin:compile instead of gwt:compile with Vaadin 7. Depending on your POM, though, it might already be bound to a lifecycle phase so that install would do it automatically.

To make sure you clean the compiled widgetset, you can use something like “mvn clean vaadin:clean vaadin:update-widgetset vaadin:compile install”

vaadin:compile doesn’t do a vaadin:update-widgetset automatically?