SQLContainer- help

Hello,

i’m a beginner in vaddin i started to make the address books’s example, (with the PersonContainer createWithTestData( ) ) and now i want to add the sqlcontaner, so i started to write the DataBaseHelper and download the add-on sqlcontainer and copy under WEB-INF/lib folder

Now the problem is: i still got exceptions, for example when i create the private class:

private SQLContainer personContainer = null;

I add, into the code:

import com.vaadin.addon.sqlcontainer.SQLContainer;

but it says: package com.vaadin.addon.sqlcontainer doesn’t exist

Could somebody help me?

And, there are also “add-ons” i need to download? for:

JDBCConnectionPool
SimpleJDBCConnectionPool
TableQuery

Thanks

You don’t have to add SQLContainer addon to your jar’s becouse if you read → https://vaadin.com/directory#addon/vaadin-sqlcontainer you can see:

SQLContainer has been integrated into Vaadin 6.7 and this add-on will not receive any further updates. All changes will be made to the Vaadin Framework only.

Read also this post →
Form with Tabsheet
, I created some simple app that uses SQLContainer. Only what you have to do is to download zip file from
SimpleApp
unpack and import this location to your Eclipse IDE.

Thank you! i didn’t know it

i’m going to read the post, to see how it works.

I clicked the link SimpleApp and i was sent to SkyDrive, but which file i should download?

And is it okay to begin with the address book application, i don’t have more tutorials or information about vaadin to get start

Ohh sorry I forget how M$ skydrive’s links works :), you should download HelloWorld file.

I started to learn vaadin with this tutorial and I created “HelloWorld” app using it soo yes I think. Good one for start. If you have some problems post here and I will try help you if I could.

Thanks again!

Hello again

i’ve been working with the HelloWorld app (the one i downloaded from skydrive)

I have some questions, first i use NetBeans and i imported the app, but if i want to open the project, i have to choose a folder, and i don’t know which one…

So i decided to write the code again and create the classes:

ComplexForm
KontrahFieldFactory
HelloWorldApplication
DataSourceContainers
KontrahComposition

and i’m working on FirebirdGeneratos.

But in each class i have exceptions, for example in HelloWorldApplication:
with the ContextHelp… where is the class ContextHelp?

With the class DataSourceContainer, i have exceptions with:

private JDBCConnectionPool connectionPool = null;
private SQLContainer kontrahContainer = null; 
private SQLContainer firmyContainer = null;

connectionPool = new SimpleJDBCConnectionPool

etc…Do you want to see the other exceptions??
What can i do??