Vaadin Designer does not appear in New > Other... > Vaadin (Eclipse)

Hi there.
I’m having continual issues getting started with Vaadin Designer using Eclipse. When following the Vaadin Designer Tutorial, it instructs to create a views folder, from which we select New > Other… > Vaadin > Vaadin Designer 10+. However, as you can see in the attached image, I cannot select Vaadin Designer 10+ as an option.

Please note that I have Vaadin installed from the Eclipse marketplace, and Vaadin Designer is selected as installed. I have tried uninstalling Vaadin from Eclipse and adding it back, changing the default JDK in Eclipse (from 13 to 11 and back). Is there some configuration of Eclipse I need to complete to get the service to show in the specified menu? Is some part of my process incorrect?
Thank you in advance.
18257073.png

Hello Ryan,

how did you install Designer? Via marketplace or update site? Maybe you can try to install Designer manually via “Help->Install New Software” menu? Update site address is https://vaadin.com/eclipse.

Also, it seems that you’re trying to create a project. Vaadin Designer creates design files in already existing project.

Thank you for the response Stepan,

“Please note that I have Vaadin installed from the Eclipse marketplace, and Vaadin Designer is selected as installed.”

I also tried downloading in the manner you suggested in your response to no noticeable effect. The screen indicated in my sceenshot is identical as it were.
Moreover you wrote, “Also, it seems that you’re trying to create a project. Vaadin Designer creates design files in already existing project.”

In reality, I have cloned a repository my team and I are working on, and am attempting to activate Vaadin Designer to facilitate in its further development. Could you recommend any further troubleshooting attempts I could make, and/or proffer any configurations/settings I could alter? Let me know what other information I can provide to help you diagnose the issue. Thank you for your help.

Hello Ryan,

1. Verify that Vaadin Designer is installed. Open menu “Help->About Eclipse IDE->Installation details (button)”. In the “Installed Software” tab search for the Vaadin Designer.
  2. If Vaadin Designer is installed clone this project https://github.com/vaadin/beverage-starter-flow and import it to Eclipse.
  3. Will Vaadin Designer work in this project?

You can also attach log file to your post. It resides in .metadata folder under workspace directory.