Debug mode & gwt

Hi all,

I start a new project and check debug window. What the goal of gwt checkbox? When I click on it, I have an error : “The web and code server combination is unrecognized and requesting a GWT developer plugin connection – do you want to allow it?”

How can I enable gwt debug?

Regards

Aurel

Hello,

Afaik that one relates to the new Super Development Mode that is provided by the latest GWT version (2.5.0). If you want to start using it in your project you would probably want to add this
add-on
and read
this article

HTH,
sasha

I try to use add-on but something goes wrong.

• I download and put all jar in WebContent/WEB-INF/lib

gwt-api-checker.jar  gwt-servlet-deps.jar  gwt-user.jar  requestfactory-apt.jar      requestfactory-client-src.jar  requestfactory-server-src.jar  vaadin-6.8.1.jar
gwt-codeserver.jar   gwt-servlet.jar       json-1.5.jar  requestfactory-apt-src.jar  requestfactory-client+src.jar  requestfactory-server+src.jar  validation-api-1.0.0.GA.jar
gwt-dev.jar          gwt-soyc-vis.jar      json-src.jar  requestfactory-client.jar   requestfactory-server.jar      superdevmodeaddon-0.9.0.jar    validation-api-1.0.0.GA-sources.jar
  • I build widgetset with eclipse

Compiling widgetset com.example.twaattin.widgetset.TwaattinWidgetset
Updating GWT module description file...
30 juil. 2012 16:27:37 com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
INFO: Widgetsets found from classpath:
	com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file:/home/aurel/workspace/twaattin/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/vaadin-6.8.1.jar!/
	org.vaadin.artur.superdevmode.SuperdevmodeaddonWidgetset in jar:file:/home/aurel/workspace/twaattin/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/superdevmodeaddon-0.9.0.jar!/
	com.example.twaattin.widgetset.TwaattinWidgetset in file:/home/aurel/workspace/twaattin/src

30 juil. 2012 16:27:37 com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
INFO: Search took 3ms
Done.
Starting GWT compiler
Compiling module com.example.twaattin.widgetset.TwaattinWidgetset
   Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.google.gwt.useragent.client.UserAgentAsserter'
      Rebinding com.google.gwt.useragent.client.UserAgentAsserter
         Checking rule <generate-with class='com.google.gwt.editor.rebind.SimpleBeanEditorDriverGenerator'/>
            [WARN]
 Detected warnings related to 'com.google.gwt.editor.client.SimpleBeanEditorDriver'.   Are validation-api-<version>.jar and validation-api-<version>-sources.jar on the classpath?
            [WARN]
 Unknown type 'com.google.gwt.editor.client.SimpleBeanEditorDriver' specified in deferred binding rule
30 juil. 2012 16:27:50 com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getPaintablesHavingWidgetAnnotation
INFO: Searching for paintables..
30 juil. 2012 16:27:50 com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getPaintablesHavingWidgetAnnotation
INFO: Search took 499ms
Widgetset compilation completed
  • Try to run as debug
workDir: /tmp/gwt-codeserver-1465864743086440218.tmp
binding: user.agent=safari
binding: compiler.useSourceMaps=true
binding: locale=en
Compiling module com.example.twaattin.widgetset.TwaattinWidgetset
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: warningThreshold
	at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler.getCompilerOptions(JdtCompiler.java:413)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler$CompilerImpl.<init>(JdtCompiler.java:228)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler.doCompile(JdtCompiler.java:717)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder$CompileMoreLater.compile(CompilationStateBuilder.java:233)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder.doBuildFrom(CompilationStateBuilder.java:443)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder.buildFrom(CompilationStateBuilder.java:368)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDef.getCompilationState(ModuleDef.java:373)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:246)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:229)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.Precompile.precompile(Precompile.java:141)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:232)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.Recompiler.compile(Recompiler.java:89)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.ModuleState.<init>(ModuleState.java:52)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.start(CodeServer.java:85)
	at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.main(CodeServer.java:50)
Exception in thread "pool-1-thread-1599" java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.google.gwt.dev.util.DiskCache.transferToStream(DiskCache.java:187)

Do I forget something or this add-on doesn’t work?

Even though not quite certain, this looks to me like your GWT, codeserver and SuperDevMode JAR versions do not quite match each other.