Vaadin webpage into vaadin mobile

can anyone suggest me. how to convert the webpage designed using vaadin into mobile view . is it an addon available???

You can use the addon TouchKit for that. It allows you to (at least) reuse all your integration-code like Containers, Validators and stuff.

so there is no direct approach na??. i created the sample AddressBook which is provide in the vaadin framework. i seen the result in iphone, but it shows as wat as in webpage. but i need mobile format.

Well at least you would have to change the theme depending on the user’s browser. In a “special mobile-theme” you could rearrange the elements using CSS. Never tried that, but it might work.

No matter what the technology - Vaadin, GWT, javascript, plain-old-HTML - if you want to deploy an application onto a mobile device, you have to design the user interface for a mobile device.

Realistically, there can be no automatic mapping between a design for a full screen browser running on a PC/Mac at 1280x1024 and a mobile phone running at a resolution of 960x640. Even if the resolution were the same, the way that a user interacts with a phone is completely different to how a user interacts with a browser.

Vaadin’s TouchKit enables you to create a UI targeted at mobile devices. If you need to support both mobile and desktop in the same application, you really will have to design two user interfaces; I suggest that you really have to think about how you engineer your application to enable re-use between views/models/controllers/presenters.

I would point out that this is not really a Vaadin issue: I don’t believe that there are any frameworks out there that can deploy anything more than a trivial application that is very usable both mobile and desktop browsers.

For clarity, Vaadin applications work in modern mobile browsers, and can be designed for mobile browsers - and a single application can have UIs that target both mobile and dsktop browsers, but you can’t really have the same UI code for both.

Cheers,

Charles.

thanks for the info. now am cleared…