Vaadin Spreadsheet setSelectionRange doesn't seem to work.

I need to preselect a certain range of cells in the spreadsheet as it appears in the webpage.

I tried using setSelectionRange which i believe is used to select a range of cells using API. It does not work. By Debugging I can confirm that it is hitting a ClientRPC for the selection but I have not painted the screen yet. I am creating a spreadsheet, adding it to the layout and setting the selection range. I assume the selection range should be passed thru the client state if the screen is not painted.

Just to prove my understanding i called the same method after the spreadsheet was painted. ie on action of a menu and the spreadsheet immediately selected the range because the spreadsheet was already available and the rpc was active.

Any help is appreciated. Is there a way to preselect the range of cells when you add a spreadsheet to the layout.

Hi Srinivasan,

You seem to have stumbled on a regression. This should indeed work, but is not. I filed a ticket for this at https://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/18345

Cheers,
/Jonatan

Thanks. Let me know once it is fixed.

Could you please add yourself as CC to the ticket? That way you get automatic updates when the ticket is fixed.

Cheers,
/Jonatan