Vaadin 7.4.4 and CDI issues

Just upgraded to Vaadin 7.4.4 and upgraded Vaadin-CDI addon to version 1.0.2. Also using CDI-MVP addon, version 0.9.5. Using an existing project, which used 7.4.0 and 1.0.0.alpha2. After the upgrade, I could no longer use the javax.enterprise.event.* classes to fire and observe events. As far as I can tell the event fires, but the observer never receives the event. Downgrading to the original versions makes everything work again. Logs didn’t catch anything in the way of exceptions, the events just seem to disappear into the ether.
Would be glad to provide more information if someone could point me toward a way to debug this, but after a long day of trying, it was easier to downgrade. I didn’t try downgrading each seperately to see if that would help. I’ll do that and report back.
Thanks.

UPDATE — Tried upgrading addons seperately: upgrading from 7.4.0 core Vaadin to 7.4.4 produced no problems, everything continues to work. Upgrading vaadin-cdi addon to 1.0.2 introduces the problem.

What scope does your observers use?

If you are using @Observes(notifyObserver=IF_EXISTS) with a Weld 1.1 implementation (JBoss EAP, Glasfish) then you have to upgrade the weld-core to at least 1.1.29, for details see
this ticket