Vaadin 24 overrides my webservices

Hello guys I am trying to use Vaadin 24.1.10 with CDI, Jakarta 10, Java JDK 17.0.8 and Payara 6.2023.8 in my multi-module application. I have bussines logic - JAR (api’s and controls for mysql), data - JAR (entites) and ui - WAR modules. I have succesfully transitioned from JavaEE to Jakarta not using Vaadin. My WebServices were working and were accessible but when I added module UI and Vaadin 24.1.10 they stopped working. When I make a GET call in Insomnia it returns response 200 but no content. When I access my API from browser I get access denied. It looks like Vaadin overrides my API settings. Any idea? I would be very happy if someone could provide any example with multi module app, cause I searched whole GitHub and Stack…but nothing.

Best,
Matjaž
image.png
image.png

image.png
image.png

Just a guess, cause limited experience with those app servers: you have multiple bindings to the root servlet path and both types of applications are “sharing” it. Move Vaadin to e.g. /web and your other APIs schould be accessible. The logs should also print warnings if I’m not mistaking

Thanks for a reply @quirky-zebra ! I have my app setup like this but it does not work. All previous versions for Vaadin with JavaEE worked like this
image.png
image.png
image.png

image.png

image.png

test_-_V24.zip (14.8 KB)

this is the project

UI works and all, but i cannot access API’s on BL