Upgrade to Vaadin 24 issue

Hello, I’m trying to upgrade my project(Vaadin 23 Springboot) to Vaadin 24 and I’m facing an issue(s).
Can I make it work with Spring Boot ? (SpringBootServletInitializer seems to be missing)

I managed to make it work without Sping but I cannot build it for production, it raises this: [e[1;31mERRORe[m] Failed to execute goal e[32mcom.vaadin:vaadin-maven-plugin:24.0.0.alpha7:build-frontende[m e[1m(default)e[m on project e[36mBiroticae[m: e[1;31mCould not execute build-frontend goale[m: Error occured during goal execution: Cannot invoke "java.lang.Class.isInterface()" because the return value of "org.reflections.Reflections.forClass(String, java.lang.ClassLoader[])" is nullPlease run Maven with the -e switch (or Gradle with the --stacktrace switch), to learn the full stack trace. -> e[1m[Help 1]e[m
Any idea how to solve this ?

Notes:
openjdk version “17.0.5” 2022-10-18
vaadin 24.0.0.alpha7
maven str: versions:set -DnewVersion=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT package -Pproduction

Also, what’s the jakarta equivalent of this : HttpServletResponse.SC_NOT_FOUND

Keep in mind that you need Spring Boot 3 and a recent Apache Maven version (3.8 recommended) because of Java 17

The same should also be present with the Jakarta namespace instead of javaee

mAVEN IS 3.8.6 - 30.11

yes, I’ve done that, that’s why I’ve asked if HttpServletResponse.SC_NOT_FOUND has any jakarta alternative(I’ve just put 404(in numbers))

Can you help with the error ?

I would argue that the class should still be present (after the changed namespace)

The error doesn’t really look related to Vaadin

What are you talking about ? lol

It’s still present in Jakarta with proper namespace, see Jakarta sources https://github.com/jakartaee/servlet/blob/89d21f7312fa3f459874cc5085c824fb5403af6c/api/src/main/java/jakarta/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse.java#L525

I understand, thank you, I’ll try some more to see if it works.

To help you with your other issues more information are probably needed - like full stack trace, used dependencies etc

The only deps I have are IText7 !

the rest is exactly how the start website generated them

Just a quick test: what would happen if you create a simple project from the start website and select Vaadin 24 alpha? If that also fails it’s probably easier to find the cause

I will try that in 5 minutes and i will tell you !

The app works as it should, no issue whatsoever