Unable to hot deploy with maven jetty plugin

Hi,

For some reason I cannot hot deploy my Vaadin app into Jetty when I use scanIntervalSeconds in maven-jetty-plugin configuration. When I do code changes Jetty notices that something has changed and invokes restarting of Jetty6PluginWebAppContext. This invokes the refreshing of Spring application context. All singleton session scoped beans are destroyed and initialized again. Everything looks to be working.

When I finally restart the application with ?restartApplication (this is meant to be used right?), application is not updated.

My setup is Vaadin 6.6.0 with Spring 3 with following plugins:

• gwt-maven-plugin 2.2.0
  • vaadin-maven-plugin 1.0.2
  • maven-jetty-plugin 6.1.26

Is someone experiencing similar problems or has someone the same set up and running and could probably give me pom.xml-pointers?

–Gaz

I’ve been investigating this little bit more and it seems like the problem is restarting of Spring application context. When I do code changes Jetty is restarted and Spring restarts application context.

Last lines after hot deploy is done:
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader initWebApplicationContext
INFO: Root WebApplicationContext: initialization completed in 1497 ms

After this I add ?restartApplication into URL and the end result is that all autowired beans in my applicationcontext are null. Has anyone had the same problem or have a clue what might be causing this?

–Gaz