This forum needs a job posting category!

The original forum and the discord server both had a job postings area. This was incredibly useful for companies needing vaadin people or for people who love vaadin to find work spending their days in vaadin. The new forum should really have this as well, it is a great way to strengthen and grow the Vaadin ecosystem we all love so much!

Would it be enough to start with if we added a job tag that you can add and filter by in the General category? I’m trying to avoid adding low post volume categories as they often tend to get overlooked. If we later decide that there are so many job postings that it clutters up the general category, we can create a dedicated category and move the tagged posts over.

I think that having job posts in the General category might help them get more eyes. What do you think?

This sounds like a great idea. I understand your fear, but if categories are that problematic, then it begs the question, does the new platform suit the needs like Discord did? At least from a outsider’s perspective, Discord was great. I never missed a thing.

Categories aren’t problematic in themselves. No more than channels in Discord, for sure. I already felt like the job board channel on Discord might have been better if it was folded into another channel.

But I may be completely wrong (wouldn’t be the first time :slight_smile:). If the community strongly feels like there should be a separate job board category, I’m sure we can accommodate. Let’s give folks a bit of time to chime in.

I feel a job category makes sense. Could be for Hilla or Vaadin. Looking to hire or be hired is a very different activity than discussing the nuances of vaadin development.

5 Likes

As long as the user who is on job search can have a view with only job advertisements I am happy. A separate category provides that, but also just the job tag in the general category allows me to filter the tag.
The only downside with the tag is that the job-poster may not be aware where and how to put his posting.

1 Like

Agreed. Would be very useful.

Ok. Your voice has been heard, and we created a new category for job opportunities: Jobs - Vaadin Forum

2 Likes