Table showing unnecessary vertical scrollbar

Hello all,

I am having a bit of a strange problem with the table component. When the data, that is to be shown in the table, is too wide, a horizontal scrollbar is shown. This is normal.

But, the strange thing is that the table will also display a vertical scrollbar and this is totally unnecessary because there are only 3 records in the table and the table is much higher then 3 records.

When I alter the data to be displayed in the table so that the contents will fit and no horizontal scrollbar needs to be shown, the vertical scrollbar also disappears.

Am I missing something here? I don’t really understand why the vertical scrollbar is automatically shown when a horizontal one is present.

Thanks in advance,

Thierry

This sounds like a bug, but probably not one that would be always visible with all browsers.

Are you seeing this is all browsers or just some (e.g. some version of IE)?
Which Vaadin version are you using?

Have you set the column widths explicitly on the server, adjusted them in the UI or are you just using the defaults? Do you use column expand ratios, and how?

I have similiar error. I have table and on IE9 it shows unnecessary vertical scrollbar if there is only one item and page length is 0 (or 1). It seems that if there is more than 1 element vertical scrollbar disappears and if I don’t use setPageLength(0) or use value 2 or higher it shows correctly …except that I get empty rows I don’t want.

For table I currently have only width set to 100%, previously used setSizeFull() but effect was same.

I have 2 generated fields, use expand ratios (with values 10-30) but these don’t have any effect on bug. And updated Vaadin today from 6.7.2 to 6.8.5 but also that didn’t change anything.

And I of course meant to say extra unnecessary horizontal scroll bar.