Problems adding Oracle JDBC jar to Ivy

Hello all, hoping you can shed some light on a problem I’ve been working on. I’m in the process over changing a small project over to Vaadin from GWT, I have all my libraries working except for the Oracle JDBC driver (ojdbc6.jar). After reading around I discovered this library isn’t available through public Maven repo’s so I started working on adding it to Ivy from my local filesystem.

Here’s the problem. I have been able to get Ivy to resolve the dependency however it will only add it to my lib/jars folder and not into the WAR\WEB-INF\lib folder. It also seems to be changing the file name to ojdbc-6.jar from the original file name of ojdbc6.jar, not sure if this would cause an issue but I thought it was worth mentioning. Folder structure and files are below, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Really hope someone can help, want to try and get these dependencies sorted out properly without resulting to hacks to get the jdbc running. All my other dependencies seem to be working as expected and are deployed to the WEB-INF\lib folder, C3P0 gets as far as starting up a db pool but fails when trying to load the JDBC driver.

My filesystem setup is the first resolver listed in the ivy-settings.xml - hope someone can help!













<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE ivy-module [
    <!ENTITY vaadin.version "7.1.11">
<ivy-module version="2.0"
    <info organisation="com.example" module="v7proj" />
        <!-- The default configuration, which should be deployed to the server -->
        <conf name="default" />
        <!-- A configuration only needed when compiling the widget set. Should 
            not be deployed to the server -->
        <conf name="widgetset-compile" />
        <!-- A configuration used in compilation of server side classes only.
            Should be deployed to the server -->
        <conf name="nodeploy" />
    <dependencies defaultconf="default" defaultconfmapping="default->default">
        <!-- The core server part of Vaadin -->
        <dependency org="com.vaadin" name="vaadin-server" rev="&vaadin.version;" />

        <!-- Vaadin themes -->
        <dependency org="com.vaadin" name="vaadin-themes" rev="&vaadin.version;" />

        <!-- Push support -->
        <dependency org="com.vaadin" name="vaadin-push" rev="&vaadin.version;" />
        <!-- log4j -->
        <dependency org="log4j" name="log4j" rev="1.2.17" conf="default" />
        <!-- c3p0 -->
        <dependency org="com.mchange" name="c3p0" rev="" conf="default" />
        <!-- Oracle JDBC -->
        <dependency org="" name="ojdbc" rev="6" conf="default" />
        <!-- simple-java-mail -->
        <dependency org="org.codemonkey.simplejavamail" name="simple-java-mail" rev="2.1" conf="default" />
        <!-- GWT -->
        <dependency org="" name="gwt-servlet" rev="2.5.1" conf="default" />

        <!-- Apache Commons -->
        <dependency org="org.apache.commons" name="commons-lang3" rev="3.2.1" conf="default" />

        <!-- Servlet 3.0 API -->
        <dependency org="javax.servlet" name="javax.servlet-api" rev="3.0.1" conf="default" />

        <!-- Precompiled DefaultWidgetSet -->
        <dependency org="com.vaadin" name="vaadin-client-compiled"
            rev="&vaadin.version;" />

        <!-- Vaadin client side, needed for widget set compilation -->
        <dependency org="com.vaadin" name="vaadin-client" rev="&vaadin.version;"
             conf="widgetset-compile->default" />

        <!-- Compiler for custom widget sets. Should not be deployed -->
        <dependency org="com.vaadin" name="vaadin-client-compiler"
            rev="&vaadin.version;" conf="widgetset-compile->default" />


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <property name="repo.dir" value="C:/dev-vaadin/ivy.repo" />
    <settings defaultResolver="default" />
        <chain name="default">
            <!-- Localhost filesystem repository -->
            <filesystem name="internal">
                <ivy pattern="${repo.dir}/ivy[revision]
.xml" />
                <artifact pattern="${repo.dir}/[artifact]
" />
            <!-- Public Maven repository -->
            <ibiblio name="public" m2compatible="true" />7

            <!-- Vaadin Add-on repository -->
            <ibiblio name="vaadin-addons" usepoms="true" m2compatible="true"
                root="" />

            <!-- Vaadin snapshots repository -->
            <ibiblio name="vaadin-snapshots" usepoms="true" m2compatible="true"
                root="" />
            <!-- Repository used for Vaadin modified smartsprites library -->
            <dual name="custom-smartsprites">
                <filesystem name="smartsprites-ivy">
                    <ivy pattern="${basedir}/ivymodule/[module]
.xml" />
                <url name="smartsprites-artifact">
" />
        <!-- Vaadin patched SmartSprites -->
        <module organisation="com.carrotsearch" name="smartsprites"
            revision="0.2.3-itmill" resolver="custom-smartsprites" />


Problem is fixed for anyone with the same issue, I had accidentally removed the Ivy default configuration from Deployment Assembly in the project properties.