npm ci error when upgrading to 24.3.2

Hi,

I am upgrading from 24.3.0 to 24.3.2 and am seeing an npm error that i have not seen during any of the previous upgrades.

npm ERR! `npm ci` can only install packages when your package.json and package-lock.json or npm-shrinkwrap.json are in sync. Please update your lock file with `npm install` before continuing.
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Invalid: lock file's rollup@4.9.1 does not satisfy rollup@3.29.4
npm ERR! Missing: rollup@4.9.4 from lock file

My procedure to update is to first issue mvn com.vaadin:vaadin-maven-plugin:clean-frontend , then change the version of vaadin in pom.xml and then do mvn clean install .

Did something change in 24.3 that makes this not the way to do upgrades anymore? For example, should i not configure <ciBuild>true</ciBuild> , because setting that to false makes the error go away. But this has been working fine until now.
message.txt (4.79 KB)

FWIW the resolution was indeed to remove ciBuild=true , turns out it was not needed at all in our case and it’s in fact a more advanced type of build that requires the team to have some npm knowledge in case things don’t work - something which we were trying to avoid in the first place by selecting Vaadin as frontend tech :wink: