Issue with license - proKey

Hi Guys

So I’ve managed to resolve all those issues I had before now I’m back at trying to implement the boards/charts. Everything runs smoothly except that the license isn’t recognized and I get the message:

“This application is using components which are part of a Vaadin subscription.
Click here to get a trial or validate your subscription”

And I have an active commercial subscription. Over my Github Account where I enrolled as student over my school.

I’m using IntelliJ on Mac. Project is with Spring-boot and Maven.

I already have the file in my userprofile:
/Users/myusername/.vaadin/proKey

I also tried to pass the parameter with the VM Options in the run configuration.

I also tried passing it in the terminal:

./mvnw -Dvaadin.proKey=myEmail/pro-XXXX spring-boot:run

./mvnw spring-boot:run -Dvaadin.proKey=myEmail/pro-XXXX

Just the be sure I also copied the .vaadin folder to the project home folder as well to the IdeaProject folder.

Unfortunatly no luck.

Any Idea?

There is an easy solution: upgrade to 23.2.0.rc1 and likely it will start working

Otherwise you might have something that blocks the third party cookie used in the browser for the check

In 23.1 and earlier the proKey file in your homedir is not actually used for this. In 23.2+ it is

So in Firefox I deactivated all extensions still get the same message. In Safari I doesn’t I don’t have any extensions and it still shows the message.

How can I upgrade the Vaadin version?

Change the number in pom.xml

to the one you provided?

Yes

Could another issue be, that in my pom.xml it says:

<groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
        <!-- Replace artifactId with vaadin-core to use only free components -->
        <artifactId>vaadin-core</artifactId>

if I set it to just to vaadin I get the error:

There was an unexpected error (type=Internal Server Error, status=500).
class com.vaadin.flow.server.communication.IndexHtmlRequestHandler tried to access protected method ‘void org.jsoup.nodes.Node.(java.lang.String)’ (com.vaadin.flow.server.communication.IndexHtmlRequestHandler and org.jsoup.nodes.Node are in unnamed module of loader ‘app’)
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: class com.vaadin.flow.server.communication.IndexHtmlRequestHandler tried to access protected method ‘void org.jsoup.nodes.Node.(java.lang.String)’ (com.vaadin.flow.server.communication.IndexHtmlRequestHandler and org.jsoup.nodes.Node are in unnamed module of loader ‘app’)

jsoup was upgraded in 23.2, maybe something else in your project is bringing in an older version…

I’m using 23.1.4 or getting the error with this version

what jsoup version do I need?

okay so I’ve found your posts from some years ago: https://vaadin.com/forum/thread/17301224/springboot-and-java-lang-illegalaccesserror-tried-to-access-method-org-jso

And also from some old dependency I was compiling jsoup 1.8.3 but just when
com.vaadin

vaadin

was used.

Anyway I’m still getting the error about the license.

after the upgrade with to 23.2.0.rc1 I’m getting the following error in the webinterface:

Missing value

Component: vaadin-board 23.2.0-rc1

And I still get a message: License check failed for vaadin-board

@winsome-wombat What am I doing wrong with the license?

I checked on Maven and there is no 23.2.0-rc1 of Vaadin-board just a 23.2.0.beta2