How to hide Tree arrow

Hello

Is it possible to hide Tree arrows?
We have a need to hide the arrows from the Tree’s first level nodes and to show them all the time, more like a subject lines.

-Timo

Try using an ItemStyleGenerator that returns custom style names for the root nodes and then use CSS to hide the background image on those nodes.

I’m trying something similar - I basically want to hide the Tree arrow if the node currently has no children. I understand how to use the ItemStyleGenerator; but I’m struggling with the CSS to hide the background image.

Here is the code for the ItemStyleGenerator:

public class UserTreeItemStyleGenerator implements ItemStyleGenerator
	{

protected static final String TREE_NODE_WITHOUT_CHILDREN_STYLE="no-children";

public String getStyle(Object itemId) {
			if(container.getChildren(itemId)== null || container.getChildren(itemId).size()==0)
			{
				return TREE_NODE_WITHOUT_CHILDREN_STYLE;
			}
			else
			{
				return null;
			}
		}

}

and the .css:

.v-tree-node-no-children
{
	background: "";

}

However, when I inspect the generated HTML code with Firebug, I see the following:

<div class="v-tree-node-children v-tree-node-children-no-children" style=""></div>

This does not actually hide the tree arrow; Firebug indicates the browser evaluates it as follows:

.v-tree-node .v-tree-node-no-children {
}
styles.css (line 104)
.v-tree-node-expanded {
    background-position: -5px -10px;
}
styles.css (line 1963)
.v-tree-node {
    background: url("common/img/sprites.png") no-repeat scroll 5px -37px transparent;
    padding: 1px 0;
}

Any ideas?

Found it, I had to define the style like this:

.v-tree-node-no-children
{
	background: none;

}

This works too,

treetable.setChildrenAllowed(“itemID”, false);

provided you dont want to add any further child to that node.

or else the css method mentioned by Sicco would work too.