how to create a dynamic table

hi…
i had a requirement like …
i have to develop a table which can be used in any where in my application by passing the map collection to it.
depend upon the requirement my table headers will change dynamically. (by passing the map<?,index>).
need a way to get the solution…

thanks

Does it have to be a table component that is globally accessible? Your program would most likely be somewhat easier to implement if you had separate Tables that merely each use the same container (e.g. IndexedContainer) as their data source. Then each view could (potentially) have static headers and you wouldn’t need to worry about moving the component from view to view (it can only be in one place at a time). That said, if and when you need to change a table’s headers you can use table.setColumnHeaders(String).

thanks for reply
what ever u said is correct…
but in every view i have a table with different columns…i.e different screens having different tables… just i need to pass the columns headers then that table will be created dynamically…
i done with a little changes for temprly …

can we modify a normal table to pagination enable with out using pagedtable addon

thnks

The basic Table only supports cached scrolling, not pages, I’m afraid. I haven’t used the PagedTable addon myself yet, but the feedback from it has been mostly positive so it’s definitely worth checking out if you need that functionality.

thnks for reply…
i found one addon it was giving the paging functionality to the normal table …
another thing can we add the browser compatibility view…
like …
i developed an application it is fine in showing chrome not in the firefox and IE…
do u have any idea… on that thing…

thnks

Did you check that the addon you chose supports the browsers you wish supported? It should be mentioned in the directory where you downloaded it from. Vaadin core components should work with all the browsers you mentioned, although your own theme and code may of course also need browser-specific tweaking. You should probably start a new thread with a more informative title for those problems, though, as they are not necessarily Table-specific.