Getting 404 error in vaadin-8.4.1 application with spring boot

\u0000* Created project skeleton using spring starter\n* Added vaadin dependencies explicitly\n* Added an ui class with required annotations\n* Started the application using eclipse and navigated to localhost:port and getting 404 error\n\nThe dependencies I added\n\n<dependency>\n\t\t\t<groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>\n\t\t\t<artifactId>vaadin-spring-boot-starter</artifactId>\n\t\t\t<version>14.1.2</version>\n\t\t</dependency>\n\t\t\n\t\t<dependencyManagement>\n\t\t<dependencies>\n\t\t\t<dependency>\n\t\t\t\t<groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>\n\t\t\t\t<artifactId>vaadin-bom</artifactId>\n\t\t\t\t<version>8.4.1</version>\n\t\t\t\t<type>pom</type>\n\t\t\t\t<scope>import</scope>\n\t\t\t</dependency>\n\t\t</dependencies>\n\t</dependencyManagement>\n\n\n\uD83D\uDE2D\uD83D\uDE2D\uD83D\uDE2D\uD83D\uDE2D\uD83D\uDE2D\uD83D\uDE2D

According to this you are trying to use version of vaadin-spring-boot-starter that is meant for Vaadin 14 instead of Vaadin 8

<dependency>
	<groupId>com.vaadin</groupId>
	<artifactId>vaadin-spring-boot-starter</artifactId>
	<version>14.1.2</version>
</dependency>

The latest version compatible with Vaadin 8 is 3.2.1. You should also upgrade your Vaadin version to the latest one 8.9.3. The latest Spring add-on version requires at least version 8.8.

Hi,
This is regarding removing a component from a layout. In vaadin 8.9.* , is there any way to get a component based on the id that I have set explicitly from a layout component(container)?
Currently I am iterating through all the components and I am checking ids for all the iterated components and if it matches the required one, I am removing that component, but I think it consumes time.

Sangamesh S:
Hi,
This is regarding removing a component from a layout. In vaadin 8.9.* , is there any way to get a component based on the id that I have set explicitly from a layout component(container)?
Currently I am iterating through all the components and I am checking ids for all the iterated components and if it matches the required one, I am removing that component, but I think it consumes time.

That sounds like the way to do it. It shouldn’t be a big cost unless you do it often and you have a very big component tree. If you feel like this is the case for you, you can create a data structure (like a Map) that allows you to store and retrieve components by key. But before you do that, you should profile the execution time of your code to see if it’s really taking that long for you or not.

Hi,

1. I need to display a numeric(integer, etc) value in the form in vaadin 8.9.3, where can I find related matter to this?
  2. Also I want to apply custom styles to server side components and I found setStyleName() but can you inform me where can I define my custom css style rules ( ex: font-size, padding, font-width, any and all other styles) (vaadin 8.9.3 with spring boot)

Thank You.