Focus Listener on TextField doesn't work

If I add a FocusListener to a TextField in our Vaadin Project the focus-Method never gets called. The BlurListener is working. On the TextArea both Listener are also working fine. Just the FocusListener on the TextField not.

Is there any project setting that can damage the use of the FocusListener on TextFields?

tried just now with Vaadin 7.2.6, works, I bet other versions should work as well. Can you show your code?

We’re using Vaadin 7.3.5 and it’s just not working in our project. Guess there is a project setting which effects the Listener but I have no clue which setting it could be.
I just add the TextField to a CSSLayout and add the FocusListener and BlurListener. Nothing special, but the FocusListener isn’t working and BlurListener works.

Tried it using 7.3.5 and this code:

[code]
CssLayout csslay = new CssLayout();
TextField txt = new TextField();
txt.addFocusListener(new FocusListener() {

@Override
        public void focus(FocusEvent event) {
            System.out.println("Focus fired");
        }
    });

txt.addBlurListener(new BlurListener() {

@Override
        public void blur(BlurEvent event) {
            System.out.println("Blur fired");
        }
    });
    csslay.addComponent(txt);

[/code]Worked as expected.Is it happening in all browsers?
You could try the code i posted and see if it works in your project.

I’ve done exactly the same and it’s not working. Only the BlurListener fires.

The FocusListenner work only if the BlurListener exist. In my example, I add a styleName when input is focus and I remove it when input lost (onBlur) the focus state.

I tested with Vaadin 8.4-SNAPSHOT on Firefox Quantum 59.0.2 (64-bit) (macOs High Siera) and it doesn’t work.

On Chrome it works ok.

I have created ticket: https://github.com/vaadin/framework/issues/10805