Exception when selecting a row in Grid with gridextensionpack

I am using the Vaadin Grid Version 8.9.3 with org.vaadin.teemusa / gridextensionpack (Version 2.0.0) because I don’t want to have the CheckBox column on the left column and want to offer selecting a range of rows with the Shift key.

Then I found that I also have to set setSelectAllCheckBoxVisibility(SelectAllCheckBoxVisibility.HIDDEN) otherwise all rows would get selected when the user clicks on the first column header. But unfortunately then this causes an excpetion to occur every time when the user is selecting a row in the Grid: Exception: IllegalStateException “Cannot select all from client since select all checkbox should not be visible”

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot select all from client since select all checkbox should not be visible at com.vaadin.ui.components.grid.MultiSelectionModelImpl.verifyUserCanSelectAll(MultiSelectionModelImpl.java:403) at com.vaadin.ui.components.grid.MultiSelectionModelImpl.onDeselectAll(MultiSelectionModelImpl.java:388) at com.vaadin.ui.components.grid.MultiSelectionModelImpl$GridMultiSelectServerRpcImpl.deselectAll(MultiSelectionModelImpl.java:91) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) at com.vaadin.server.ServerRpcManager.applyInvocation(ServerRpcManager.java:155) at com.vaadin.server.ServerRpcManager.applyInvocation(ServerRpcManager.java:116) at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.handleInvocation(ServerRpcHandler.java:445) at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.handleInvocations(ServerRpcHandler.java:410) at com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler.handleRpc(ServerRpcHandler.java:274) at com.vaadin.server.communication.UidlRequestHandler.synchronizedHandleRequest(UidlRequestHandler.java:90) at com.vaadin.server.SynchronizedRequestHandler.handleRequest(SynchronizedRequestHandler.java:40) at com.vaadin.server.VaadinService.handleRequest(VaadinService.java:1602) at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:448) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725)