ComboBox setValue

I have a problem for the management of a comboBox (cb)

List profili = profiliService.findAll(b); container = new BeanItemContainer<>(Profili.class, profili); ... cb.setContainerDataSource(container); cb.setItemCaptionMode(ItemCaptionMode.PROPERTY); cb.setItemCaptionPropertyId("[b] profdescr [/b]"); cb.setTextInputAllowed(false); cb.setInputPrompt("No selected profile"); cb.setNullSelectionAllowed(false); cb.setNewItemsAllowed(false); cb.setImmediate(true); inside comboBox cb I view the profiles properly

Within a table I insert users with profdescr field

utentiService = new UtentiService(); List utenti = utentiService.findAll(b); tab.setContainerDataSource(new BeanItemContainer<>(Utenti.class, utenti)); tab.setVisibleColumns("uuser", "[b] profdescr [/b]", "uemail"); tab.setColumnReorderingAllowed(true); tab.setSelectable(true); tab.setImmediate(true); tab.setColumnHeader("uuser", "User"); tab.setColumnHeader("profdescr", "Profilo"); tab.setColumnHeader("uemail", "E-Mail"); tab.addItemClickListener(new ItemClickEvent.ItemClickListener() { @Override public void itemClick(ItemClickEvent itemClickEvent) { if (itemClickEvent.isDoubleClick()) { System.out.println(itemClickEvent.getItemId().toString()); updateForm(itemClickEvent); } else vCampi.setVisible(false); } }); on itemClickEvent I read the selected data of the item and fill the textfield. cb.setValue (and cb.select) does not work

[code]
private void updateForm(ItemClickEvent itemClickEvent) {
if (itemClickEvent.getItemId().toString().equals(“”)) {

} else {
Utenti utente = (Utenti) itemClickEvent.getItemId();
tb_user.setValue(utente.getUuser());
tb_pwd.setValue(utente.getUpwd());
tb_email.setValue(utente.getUemail());

Item item = itemClickEvent.getItem();
        cb.setImmediate(true);
        cb.setValue(item.getItemProperty("profdescr").getValue());
    }
}

[/code]grazie

The combobox is using a BeanItemContainer so you should give an instace of your Profili class to select or setValue.

And in Profili class you should correctly implement equals and hashcode

HTH
Marco

thank you, I solved this way. It will not be the cleanest solution but it works

Iterator it = cb_profilo.getItemIds().iterator();
            while(it.hasNext()){
                Profili id = (Profili) it.next();
                if (id.getProfdescr().equals(utente.getProfdescr()))
                {
                    cb_profilo.select(id);
                    break;
                }
            }