Class loading errors when deploying the official Vaadin Flow 24 starter project on WildFly 26.1.3

I’m experiencing issues deploying the official Vaadin Flow 24 starter project on WildFly 26.1.3. I created the project using the Vaadin Flow 24, Java 17, Maven, Jakarta EE template from start.vaadin.com, imported it to IntelliJ 2023.2.5 Ultimate and added WildFly 26.1.3 run configuration. During deployment, the following class loading errors occur:
message.txt (111 KB)

Does WildFly 26.1 support Jakarta EE 10? This is a requirement for Vaadin 24

It is EE8

The cdi starter project uses WildFly 27.0.1.Final

Ah, thanks, my bad, indeed, WildFly 26 doesn’t support Jakarta EE 10 and WildFly 27 is the first WildFly release to support Jakarta EE 10. WildFly 26.1.3 was released quite recently in January 2023, hence the confusion.

I downloaded WildFly 30, but now I’m hitting https://github.com/vaadin/flow/issues/13619 when running the project directly from IntelliJ:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to determine project directory for dev mode. Directory /path/to/wildfly-30/bin does not look like a Maven or Gradle project. Ensure that you have run the prepare-frontend Maven goal, which generates 'flow-build-info.json', prior to deploying your application

Manually running mvn package fixed it, I guess it is no big deal, but might be worth documenting

It’s working well now, thanks for your help!