Change TAB order in multiple components

Hello

Sorry, but I’m new in vaadin. I have a project developed in vaadin framework and I need to change TAB order on a container. So on a container I have 3 components. IN each components there textboxes arranged Vertically. So when I press TAB the cursor goes first Vertically at the end of each component after goes from the begin to the second, etc …

Now it’s in this way:

first TAB → first component->first texbox
second TAB → first component->second texbox
third TAB → second component->first texbox
fourth TAB → second component->second texbox

So I want to change the tab order to be Horizontally.

in this way:

first TAB → first component->first texbox
second TAB → second component->first texbox
third TAB → first component->second texbox
third TAB → second component->second texbox

Thanks

All Vaadin Fields have the setTabIndex(int) method. The index should be a running number; you need to go through your container and set this, or set it at field creation time in your generated column, depending how you do things.

yes, this is that what I need… how can pragmatically find all components on the container and set the tabIndex … do not use something like this

textbox1.setbaindex(1);
textbox2.setbaindex(2);

etc

If you put the Fields into the container, you can just loop over the container and get the property values; these are your Field objects, so you can cast them and call the method. If you generate the fields with a ColumnGenerator, you need to create the index yourself, e.g. with a class field in your ColumnGenerator class, and call field.setTabIndex(tabIndex++);