Cancel dialog close event

Hey,

I’m currently in the need for something which is pretty similar to the CrudEditor (best case this component should be useable without the CRUD Grid somehow).
While developing it I came into the need to display the confirm dialog when data changed and the user wants to change the dialog.
I successfully implemented this for the cancel button but sadly for closing it with ESC button this doesnt work:

addDialogCloseActionListener(e -> {
            if(this.form.getBinder().hasChanges()) {
                ConfirmDialog confirmDialog = new ConfirmDialog();
                confirmDialog.setHeader(getTranslation("crud.confirm.cancel.title"));
                confirmDialog.setText(getTranslation("crud.confirm.cancel.content"));
                confirmDialog.setConfirmText(getTranslation("crud.confirm.cancel.button.confirm"));
                confirmDialog.setCancelText(getTranslation("crud.confirm.cancel.button.dismiss"));
                confirmDialog.setCancelable(true);
                confirmDialog.open();

confirmDialog.addCancelListener(cancelEvent -> confirmDialog.close());
                confirmDialog.addConfirmListener(confirmEvent -> {
                    confirmDialog.close();
                    close();
                });

return;
            }

close();
        });

binding this code to the cancel button works but not for the CloseActionListener. The CrudEditor has the functionality to show the confirm dialog on esc close.
How I do get this working? Help appreciated.