Disabling Atmosphere / Vaadin-Push for Google App Engine / IntelliJ

Hi all – I’m a newbie with Vaadin and am trying to setup a very simple “Hello World” project to run under IntelliJ v14 and Google App Engine. I am getting some exceptions related to the Atmosphere framework/Push-Server functionality:

org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereFramework configureBroadcaster: Unable to configure Broadcaster/Factory/Cache org.atmosphere.cpr.DefaultBroadcasterFactory$BroadcasterCreationException: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "modifyThreadGroup") Browsing the forum, this seems to be related to Push Server not being supported for GAE with the recommendation to remove it. I am using IntelliJ v14 and the only places where I found I could remove push-server stuff were in
Vaadin_Server.xml
where I removed the following config lines

<root url="jar://$PROJECT_DIR$/../Libraries/vaadin-all-7.4.0/vaadin-push-7.4.0.jar!/" />
      <root url="jar://$PROJECT_DIR$/../Libraries/vaadin-all-7.4.0/lib/atmosphere-runtime-2.2.4.vaadin2.jar!/" />

Still, I keep getting the previous exception and a bunch of other Atmosphere related questions. Question is how to properly remove/disable Vaadin Push so that it works with GAE/IntelliJ

Much appreciated!

Same problem here
Please let me know if you found a solution.
I am not using the the Vaadin_Server.xml file.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
sguha.