vaadin 7 - dashboard demo - close window / notification / menu not working

Dear Support,

I try to get the vaadin demo dashboard running on an Samsung Android 4.4 device using the default browser.

http://dashboard.demo.vaadin.com/

It works fine on the pc, also it works when I use chrome on the mobile, what I found out after after hours

But with the default browser:

• windows does not get closed (close() methode is not working)
  • menu’s does not close and stay visibile after opening them
  • notifcations does not close

For example the first time when I click on the OK button in the preference window:

• the ok is called

After that there is the following log:

Dez 10, 2014 7:33:32 AM com.vaadin.server.communication.ServerRpcHandler parseInvocation
Warnung: RPC call to com.vaadin.shared.ui.window.WindowServerRpc.windowMoved received for connector 35 but no such connector could be found. Resynchronizing client.

The window never closes! Thank you for your ideas

17490.png

Thanks for the report! I will take a look, I’m suspecting this has something to do with the changes to VOverlay.java in 7.3 and the CSS animations.

I’ll first try updating the demo to the latest version (now running on 7.3.3), and see if that helps.

Dear Jouni,

thx for your info. I have build a sample app with 7.3.6 and also see the problem there.

Also should me mentioned, that the notifications does not disapperar automatically and are also not clickable . This makes the imlemtentation very difficult.

thx for the fix

Markus

Dear Jouni

is there any update regarding this.

also the calendar picker in the datefield does not close

br
Markus

Dear all,

I was facing the same issue with vaadin 7.3.6 and after removing the animation from CSS, it works fine

thx Wassim, this sounds very interesting,

how can I remove the animation from the CSS?

What I have done is to comment the below property in css file:

&.v-window-animate-in {
@include animation

And now it works for the notificaiton . For others I think you should do the same things, Hope a quick fix will come.

Thanks,

I have tried to comment out all animation sections, but it did not help.

When you open a sup window according the tutorial it stays open.

I also really hope that this situation willbe fixed soon, because the framework is not really usable on android,…

Also the drowdown’s does not work!

thx again for your idea

This works on 7.3.7

Regard

This is again not working on PC in Vaadin 7.3.8

this is not working in vaadin 7.4.1. , both window and notifications wont be closed, only with the VALO theme, changing the Theme and everything is working again

Any Idee for this ?

Yes this was my application not the demo app ! Without the valo theme it is working

Any news?

It’s a big issue for me.
The closure problem appears also with Android WebView (browser view inside an android application) on some phone (samsung android 4.2.2 for example)

I tried to remove out animation without success.

some javascript error :

08-26 10:24:11.468: V/ChromeClient(12957): Viewport argument value “device-width;” for key “width” not recognized. Content ignored. – From line 22 of null

08-26 10:24:11.468: V/ChromeClient(12957): Viewport argument value “1.0;” for key “initial-scale” was truncated to its numeric prefix. – From line 22 of null

08-26 10:24:11.468: V/ChromeClient(12957): Viewport argument value “1.0;” for key “maximum-scale” was truncated to its numeric prefix. – From line 22 of null

08-26 10:24:11.468: V/ChromeClient(12957): Viewport argument value “0;” for key “user-scalable” was truncated to its numeric prefix. – From line 22 of null

I don’t know if it’s linked with the closure problem.

Hi, problem solved with :

$v-animations-enabled: false;

in styles.scss
I suspect “translatez” css to be responsible.

I had the same problem with Samsung Tab 3 (Android 4.2) and the above fix seems to do the trick…
Never had the problem with a Samsung Tab 3 (Android 4.4) that uses the new ChromeView (instead of WebView).
(I’m using Vaadin 7.6.0)