Wigetset won't Compile java.io.File ?

Hello i tried to create a project with the Vaadin Charts-Plugin after i added the jar i tried to compile the wigetset and it gave me the following error

• [ERROR]
    Unexpected internal compiler error java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component

Environment:

• JDK 1.7
  • Vaadin Charts 1.1.7
  • Vaadin 7.3.3

Does anybody have an idea where the problem could be? Thanks allot.

StakTrace:[code]
Updating GWT module description file…
Widgetsets found from classpath:
com.example.chartstest.widgetset.ChartstestWidgetset in file://CENSORED/workspace_4.2.2/ChartsTest/src
com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file://CENSORED/CENSORED/tx84/W7Optionen/.ivy2/cache/com.vaadin/vaadin-client/jars/vaadin-client-7.3.3.jar!/
com.vaadin.addon.charts.Widgetset in jar:file:C:/CENSORED/AppData/Local/Eclipse/workspace_4.2.2/ChartsTest/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/vaadin-charts-1.1.7.jar!/
com.vaadin.addon.timeline.gwt.TimelineWidgetSet in jar:file:C:/CENSORED/AppData/Local/Eclipse/workspace_4.2.2/ChartsTest/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/vaadin-charts-1.1.7.jar!/
Addon styles found from classpath:

Search took 40ms
Done.
Starting GWT compiler
[ERROR]
Unexpected internal compiler error
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component
at java.io.File.(File.java:397)
at com.google.gwt.dev.resource.impl.ResourceOracleImpl.createEntryForUrl(ResourceOracleImpl.java:169)
at com.google.gwt.dev.resource.impl.ResourceOracleImpl.addAllClassPathEntries(ResourceOracleImpl.java:300)
at com.google.gwt.dev.resource.impl.ResourceOracleImpl.getAllClassPathEntries(ResourceOracleImpl.java:324)
at com.google.gwt.dev.resource.impl.ResourceOracleImpl.(ResourceOracleImpl.java:368)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDef.normalize(ModuleDef.java:778)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.doLoadModule(ModuleDefLoader.java:238)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromResources(ModuleDefLoader.java:160)
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromClassPath(ModuleDefLoader.java:135)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:130)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler$1.run(Compiler.java:100)
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:55)
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRunner.java:50)
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:107)
at com.vaadin.tools.WidgetsetCompiler$1.run(WidgetsetCompiler.java:80)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Widgetset compilation failed
[/code]

Yes, java.io.File is not supported by GWT. Do you have custom client side code which uses this?

Thanks. Not that i Know i created a new vaadin project with the vaadin eclipse plugin and just imported the Charts Plugin and tried to compile so just the Standart vaadin hello world.

It works for me. Did you use ivy to download Charts and Vaadin Eclipse plugin to compile widgetsets?

nop i downloaded the zip and dragged

vaadin-charts-1.1.7.jar
gson-2.2.jar
commons-io-1.4.jar

from the zip to WEB-INF>lib i also tried with just
vaadin-charts-1.1.7.jar

but the same error came.

Now that you have created the project with the plugin, it probably would be easier to use ivy. There is ivy.xml file where you can add charts as an dependency. Anyway, copying the .jar files directly to WebContent/WEB-INF/lib works for me also. Do you have the latest version of Vaadin Eclipse plugin? What Eclipse version do you use?

I am working with Eclipse 4.2.2
and vaadin Eclipse Plugin 2.3

but i just updated so i try to create a new vaadin project now and try again :slight_smile:

Update:

Created a new Vaadin 7 Project with my updated vaadin eclipse plugin in a fresh workspace added dependency to ivy and compiled still the same error and after dragged manualy still same error…