Control Panel for Liferay issue

Hello !

I use the Control Panel for Liferay in my portal to compile Vaadin portlets widgetset.
When I click on the “compile” button, I have the following error :

ERROR: Compilation ended due to an error.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem ?

Thanks,
Kevin

Is there a verbose log of the GWT compilation in Vaadin control panel for Liferay ?

No idea ?

After a 4-day search, I have found a solution.

The following command is executed when the widgetset is compiled :
java -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dgwt.nowarn.legacy.tools -Xss8M -Xmx512M -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -classpath C:\Tomcat6.0\temp\vaadinws6901830121499127468.tmp;C:\Tomcat6.0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib\vaadin.jar;C:\Tomcat6.0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\vaadin\gwt\2.0.4\gwt-dev.jar;C:\Tomcat6.0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\vaadin\gwt\2.0.4\gwt-user.jar; com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler -out C:\Tomcat6.0\temp\vaadinws6901830121499127468.tmp -localWorkers 1 -logLevel INFO com.vaadin.portal.gwt.PortalDefaultWidgetSet.

The arguments “-Xmx512M” and “-XX:MaxPermSize=512M” are defined in the Java class com.vaadin.integration.liferay.controlpanel.util.WidgetsetCompiler.

In my case, there wasn’t enough available memory for the compilation. By increasing it, there was no issue anymore.

It would be interesting to be able to customize the JVM options in Vaadin Control Panel for Liferay.

Kévin.

Could you
create an enhancement request
about this if none exists.

I don’t know if I have done it correctly but here is the ticket :
ticket