Vaadin 6.7.0 is available

Vaadin 6.7.0 is the new minor release of Vaadin Framework.

This release contains several new features and enhancements as well as security fixes. For a detailed list, see the
list of closed issues
in Vaadin Trac for a detailed change log. For other release information, see the
Release Notes

Get the installation package from the download site at
http://vaadin.com/download
. If you are using the Vaadin Plugin for Eclipse, upgrade the Vaadin version from the project preferences. If using Maven, the repositories will replicate in a few hours. The demos have been deployed to
demo.vaadin.com

As always, when upgrading from an earlier version, you should recompile any custom widget sets and refresh your project in Eclipse. See the
General Upgrade Notes
for more details on upgrading.

Hi

There is some kind of error. I have a form which is updated when clicking on a table row. Some fields in that form are labels (read only fields). Some label fields don’t get updated when clicking different rows. But if the page is fully reloaded, values are correct.

This doesn’t happen in 6.6.8.

Regards

What do we need to do if we’ve been using TreeTable and ChameleonTheme from the Directory before upgrading to 6.7.0?

Notes say: Package names for SQLContainer, TreeTable and Chameleon Theme java files have been changed from com.vaadin.addons.* to com.vaadin.*

But I presume we remove their JARs. What about custom theme references from ChameleonTheme? What about if we use the “blue” version. Do we need that blue version JAR or those colors all in the general release now?

From what I’ve seen, when upgrading:

TreeTable

• Remove WEB-INF/lib/vaadin-treetable-1.2.2.jar
  • Remove the line from your widgetset/*Widgetset.gwt.xml file.
  • Change com.vaadin.addon.treetable.TreeTable to com.vaadin.ui.TreeTable

ChameleonTheme

• Remove vaadin-chameleon-theme-1.0.2.jar
  • If you have “color” themes you should keep that jar, like chameleon-blue.jar.
  • Your custom theme’s style.css can stay the same as the path to the theme styles is the same.
  • Change com.vaadin.addon.chameleon.ChameleonTheme to com.vaadin.ui.themes.ChameleonTheme

Then as usual, recompile your widgetsets.

I am experiencing the same problem. After making the changes for ChameleonTheme and TreeTable, none of my Forms are updating when I click on a row in the table that drives it.

When I look at the layout with Firebug, it seems that my code in my MyForm.setItemDataSource() I call layout.setVisible(true) along with getFooter().setVisible(true). The buttons in the footer appear, but none of the fields in my form appear, as if the call to set the layout visible is still hiding its subcomponents, which it didn’t do in 6.6.8. I noted that a main DIV created in my GridLayout is grayed out which is no doubt because it’s not been made visible.

I hope I can just make a layout visible/invisible without having to touch each component in the layout.

Here’s a YouTube video that shows this bug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6NJZoVQwks

After upgrading from 6.6.6 to 6.7.0 i get an exception rendering a table:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 8
	at com.vaadin.ui.Table.paintAvailableColumns(Table.java:2792)
	at com.vaadin.ui.Table.paintContent(Table.java:2515)
	at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractComponent.paint(AbstractComponent.java:781)
	at com.vaadin.ui.AbstractOrderedLayout.paintContent(AbstractOrderedLayout.java:171)
	at com.vaadin.ui.CustomLayout.paintContent(CustomLayout.java:245)
	at com.vaadin.ui.CustomLayout.paintContent(CustomLayout.java:245)
	at com.vaadin.ui.Panel.paintContent(Panel.java:269)
	at com.vaadin.ui.Window.paintContent(Window.java:641)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.writeUidlResponce(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1040)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.paintAfterVariableChanges(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:927)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.doHandleUidlRequest(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:794)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.CommunicationManager.handleUidlRequest(CommunicationManager.java:296)
	at com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractApplicationServlet.service(AbstractApplicationServlet.java:501)

The table uses the JPAContainer addon. Is there something broken with that addon?

Edit: disabling column collapsing for this table works around the execption

For any issues you have with Vaadin 6.7.0, please create a ticket at http://dev.vaadin.com and describe a way to reproduce the problem (a simple test application is preferred).

Rats! I was hoping that the layout issues introduced in 6.7.0 would be more obvious to fix. Sadly, I have little time right now to see if I can build a test case, but hope that the youtube video I reported two days ago will help… We’ll probably just roll back to 6.6.8 for now to keep our release on schedule.