In IE7- ERROR: Possible problem with you *.gwt.xml module file....

I welcome!

Faced with this problem -
11949.png

I use
Vadin-6.6.6
and listing my *.gwt.xml view is -

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 1.7.0//EN" "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.7.0/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
<module>
    <inherits name="com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet" />
    <inherits name="com.invient.vaadin.charts.widgetset.InvientChartsWidgetset" />
    <inherits name="com.intellex.marksist.forms.widgetset.FormSenderWidgetset" />
    <inherits name="com.vaadin.addon.tableexport.widgetset.Tableexport_for_vaadinWidgetset" />
</module>	

In ie8 it works, but in ie7 - pops up this window.
Does anyone know what was going on? :smiley: I would be very grateful for your help!

if i add this line -

<set-property name="user.agent" value="ie7" />

…getting error -

04.10.2011 14:33:46 com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
INFO: Search took 15ms
Done.
Starting GWT compiler
[ERROR]
 [b]
The value ie7 was not previously defined
[/b].
[ERROR]
 Line 8: Unexpected exception while processing element 'set-property'

Hi,

Not sure, but I’d check all the referenced modules - if their *.gwt.xml have the parameter set to some value - maybe somebody just accidentally published it.
Regarding setting the value to “ie7” - it is just now allowed. Check
this
for possible values.

this
is the latest version.

I welcome you, Alexander V Pchelintsev!
I welcome you, Henri Sara!

Thank you all for your help! :smiley:

Yes, I checked all the members of the project *.gwt.xml, and one of them was a contains user.agent == ie8.
I deleted this entry and was able to work with the application in IE7.
But the question remains open - if the property is not supported, you can ensure a stable work, whether the application works in IE7 ?
And when will appears (and will-if) version of GWT Compiler for IE7 ?

Hi,

As long as there’s no such an option like ie7 i would assume that you can rely on the property set to ie8. Anyways - I see no reason of setting that one except during the development phase (when you do not want to wait for the compilation too long). In case of production - omit setting that property and you can be sure that your app will work with ie7 (as well as in all the other browsers).

I welcome you, Alexander V Pchelintsev!

Yes, I followed your advice and removed that option. However, some unexpected things in IE7 do occur, for example, when I call a modal window and put a shadow over everything else, get a solid fill, even that … signs are not always or not immediately become “the hand” and so on. Fonts change slightly, become thinner … Little things, but unpleasant… :smiley:

Thank you for your help! :smiley: