Upgrade Vaadin version w/Eclipse

I asked this question several years ago, but I’m having a problem again. I have several projects built with Vaadin 7.1.6 using Eclipse (Kepler). I want to upgrade to Vaadin 7.2.x. When I open the project properties, there is a ‘Vaadin’ entry, and in that window there is a ‘Version’ pulldown which shows 7.1.6. However, it is grayed out - It won’t let me change versions.

I created a new dummy project and was able to select 7.2.2 as the Vaadin version. The pulldown for that included many verisons (including a 7.3alpha). Once the project is created, bringing up the Eclipse properties → Vaadin shows the version as 7.2.2 but it is grayed out too - can’t modify it.

So how do I change the Vaadin version in an Eclipse project?

thanks,

nbc

You can’t change the version via the GUI after it has been set for the project. The plugin has been designed that way.

To upgrade the Vaadin version, open up the ivy.xml file and change the vaadin.version number to what you want. Save the file and right click on the project and select Ivy->Resolve. That should work.

Did not know that - but it worked. Thanks very much!
nbc

Hi Vaadin Team,
I am currently using Vaadin 7.1.5 inside Eclipse (Helios Service Release 2), i would like to upgrade to Vaadin 7.2.6.

In Ivy.xml, i replaced

by

then i right-clicked on project–> Ivy–> retrieve dependancies (i haven’t the “Resolve” item).
According to progress bar, Ivy seems to work, BUT, the vaadin jars are still in 7.1.5 version.

Is there any other way to upgrade Vaadin ?

Eric

It seems Ivy sees the jars to be downloaded :

Ivy logs from Ecllipse :
found com.vaadin#vaadin-server;7.2.6 in public
found com.vaadin#vaadin-shared;7.2.6 in public
found com.vaadin.external.streamhtmlparser#streamhtmlparser-jsilver;0.0.10.vaadin1 in public
found com.vaadin.external.google#guava;16.0.1.vaadin1 in public
found com.vaadin#vaadin-themes;7.2.6 in public
found com.vaadin#vaadin-client-compiled;7.2.6 in public
found com.vaadin#vaadin-client;7.2.6 in public
found com.vaadin#vaadin-client-compiler;7.2.6 in public

… but it does not download them :

|            modules                             ||   artifacts

conf | number| search|dwnlded|evicted || number|dwnlded
---------------------------------------------------------------------
default | 14 | 0 | 0 | 0 || 16 | 0
widgetset-compile | 57 | 0 | 0 | 4 || 55 | 0
---------------------------------------------------------------------

How to force Ivy to update the vaadin jars ? Can i replace the jars manually ?

Eric

From the context menu of the project, select Ivy… → Resolve (or Reload Settings if resolve alone does not help).

Workaround : I updated the vaadin plugin, then created a new project vaadin 7.2.6, and copy/paste the src folder and missing jars. I think ivy was not installed properly. => pb solved
Thank you Henri for your answer.[quote=Henri Sara]
From the context menu of the project, select Ivy… → Resolve (or Reload Settings if resolve alone does not help).
[/quote]