Vaadin 7.2.2

Hi Friends,
After long cap i was using vaadin framework, when i was vaadin version 6 now i started sample application vaadin 7.2.2 version project following vaadin tutorial video but i am getting problem for the vaadin web.xml is not auto generate the servlet and wigete configuration. this is my system and application enviroment below that,

Windows 8 64 bit
java version 7
eclispe kelper
project servlet 3.0

tomcat 7

when i create empty project the project web.xml file only have index.jsp file configration… then i deployed the application on webserver i am getting 404 exeception.

Thanks
karthik.elavan

What did you use to create the project? Maven, Ivy, …?

Did you create a Servlet 3.0 project? because in that case the project creation process doesn’t create a web.xml. The configuration is done using the annotation inside the UI class.
Also Servlet 3.0 as far as i know don’t properly work on Tomcat 7. Try Tomcat 8(or another server) or a non-servlet 3 project.

http://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html

Tomcat 7 Supports Servlet 3.0, Tomcat 8 is Serverlet 3.1

Just use maven it is so simpel:

mvn archetype:generate \ -DarchetypeGroupId=com.vaadin \ -DarchetypeArtifactId=vaadin-archetype-application \ -DarchetypeVersion=7.2.2 \ -Dpackaging=war

Thanks for your reply, I tryed above the maven command in my windows 8 os system. it’s creating maven application but i never getting web.xml also WEB-INF folder. i tryed below that command,

this is url maven command is not working i am getting error :
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.vaadin -DarchetypeArtifactId=vaadin-archetype-application -DarchetypeVersion=7.2.2 -Dpackaging=war

this is my maven command it’s create successfuly project but i got WEB-INF and web.xml is not generating :

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=com.vaadin -DarchetypeArtifactId=vaadin-archetype-application -DarchetypeVersion=7.2.2 -DgroupId=i2s -DartifactId=test-vaadin7 -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=war

I want vaadin7 version project with autogentrated web.xml inculding servlet configuration and wiget configuration … etc… like vaadin6 project.

herer i attached vaadin project setup and creating process screen shot. Please find attachment and if any wrong for me let me know suggestion how create vaadin7 project

cuttently i am using eclipse kelper IDE

Regards
Karthik
15220.png
15221.png
15222.png
15223.png
15224.png
15225.png

The new archetypes don’t need the web.xml as in Servlet 3 you can just annotate the servlet class. The servlet class is by default as an inner class in the UI classs.

In case you for some reason really want to have the web.xml file, you can remove that inner class and introduce the servlet, with all various parameters, in a web.xml file.

cheers,
matti